Example of Reduction:
- This reaction converts H+ ions with an oxidation number of +1 to H2 ions with an oxidation number of zero, serving as an illustration of reduction.
- This is one way to represent the chemical reaction:
Zn (s) + 2H+ (aq) → Zn2+ (aq) + H2 (g)
- One instance of a reduction reaction is the synthesis of iron from iron oxide.
Fe2O3 (s) + 3CO (g) → 2Fe (s) + 3CO2(g)
- Iron oxide is converted to iron in the aforementioned chemical process.
- Carbon monoxide is serving as a reducing agent in this process.
What is a Reduction Reaction? Give an Example
A reduction reaction is a partial reaction in which chemical species increase the amount of electrons while decreasing the number of oxidations. Reduced oxidation state, gain of electrons or atoms, or both are referred to as reduction.
- A Copper Wire Has A Diameter Of 05mm And Resistivity Of 16 X 10 8 Omega M What Will Be The Length
- Determine The Smallest 3 Digit Number Which Is Exactly Divisible By 6 8 And 12
- Find The Largest Number Which Divides 615 And 963 Leaves The Remainder 6 In Each
- Find The Smallest Number Which When Increased By 17 Is Exactly Divisible By 520 And 468
- A Hockey Ball Of Mass 200 G Travelling At 10 Ms 1 Is Struck By A Hockey Stick So As To Return
- Check Whether 6n Can End With The Digit 0 For Any Natural Number N
- Describe The Work Of A Farmer With 1 Hectare Of Land