Total Marine National Parks in India
There are six Marine National Parks in India that are under the government's protection. These areas are protected from human activity and are designated for marine life to thrive in peace. India's six marine national parks are listed below:
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: It is a part of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and was declared a marine national park in 1983.
- Marine National Park: Located in the Gulf of Kutch, this park was established in 1980.
- Malvan Marine Sanctuary: Situated in the Sindhudurg district of the Konkan region, Maharashtra, this park is home to various types of fish.
- Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary: This marine park was established in 1997 in the state of Odisha.
- Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park: Tamil Nadu houses this marine park which consists of 21 islands.
- Rani Jhansi Marine National Park: It is located in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and was established in 1996.