Functions of the Taluk Legal Services Committee
Taluk Legal Service Committee membership:
- For each Taluk or Mandal, or for a group of Taluks or Mandals, the State Authority may form a committee known as the Taluk Legal Services Committee.
- To effectively carry out its duties, the committee may appoint the officials and other workers that the State Government, in conjunction with the Chief Justice of the High Court, may deem necessary.
- The committee's officers and other staff members shall be entitled to the salary and benefits.
- They shall be subject to any additional service requirements that the State Government may establish in conjunction with the Chief Justice of the High Court.
The members of the Taluk Legal Services Committee are:
- The senior Civil Judge sitting in the Committee's geographic jurisdiction, who serves as the ex-officio Chairman; and
- The number of additional Members who must meet the State Government's requirements for experience and credentials to be proposed by the State Government in conjunction with the Chief Justice of the High Court.
What are the functions of the Taluk Legal Services Committee?
The Taluk Legal Services Committee's duties include planning the activities of the taluk's legal services, coordinating Lok Adalats within the Taluk, and performing any other tasks that may be assigned to it by the District Authority.