Functions of Lokpal
The Lokpal supervises all public officials and can adopt appropriate legal action against them if they do not operate in accordance with the law.
- It can act based on a private person's complaint or suo moto. Lokpal can summon or ask any public officer if there is a prima facie case against that person before an investigating agency has started an investigation.
- It can also recommend its findings for action. Lokpal to act as an appellate authority for appeals arising from any different law currently applies.
- It must protect any act done in good faith by any public official or other officials. They must provide adequate protection to abused people to raise their voices against corruption. Lokpal will have two main branches viz.
- The Administrative Branch will be headed by an officer of the Secretary to the Government of India.
- The judicial branch shall be headed by a judicial officer of the appropriate level who shall assist Lokpal in exercising their judicial functions.
What are the functions of Lokpal?
The Lokpal functions are - can investigate complaints made by a single person, action can be taken against servants, his findings can be enforced into action, and can take decisions against public servants.