What are the Main Features of the Plateau?
The features of Plateau are as follows
- Plateau has an elevated area on its top.
- Plateaus have one or more sides with steep slopes
- The height of Plateaus often varies from a hundred meters to several thousand meters.
- Plateaus can be old or young.
- Deccan Plateau is one of the oldest Plateaus in India
- Tibet Plateau is the highest Plateau in the world
- Most of the minerals like gold, iron, diamond, etc found in Plateau
- The higher parts of Plateaus have cool climates in both tropical and subtropical regions.
- Plateaus have large grassland areas which makes them suitable for animal-rearing.