Advantages of Lok Adalat
The following are some of Lok Adalat's benefits:
- When evaluating Lok Adalat's claim, procedural requirements, including the Evidence Act and the Civil Procedure Code, are not strictly followed.
- Without concern for exposure to any legal authorities, parties are free to communicate their differences of opinion.
- The Lok Adalat's award is binding on the parties, has the legal force of a civil court's judgment, and cannot be appealed.
- Thus, it doesn't prolong the final resolution of a dispute.
- In contrast to ordinary courts of law, the parties to the dispute can speak with the judge directly through their attorneys.
- Matrimonial lawsuits, damages claims, and partition actions are among the disputes that can be quickly resolved before Lok Adalat due to the significant potential for compromise through a give-and-take strategy.
- A Lok Adalat may hear compoundable criminal matters and civil issues, such as family and marriage disputes.
What are the advantages of Lok Adalat?
If the matter is resolved at Lok Adalat, there is no court cost, and any court fees that have already been paid will be reimbursed. In other words, it costs less. The flexibility of the dispute resolution process and its quickness are the two pillars of Lok Adalat.