WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer Recruitment through GATE 2022: West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. (WBSEDCL) may invite online applications from aspirants to fill Assistant Engineer vacancies through GATE 2022 Score. Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria and having a qualifying degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation disciplines can apply for WBSEDCL recruitment 2022.
WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer merit list will be based on GATE 2022 Score and Personal Interview. Read on for more information about the WBSEDCL 2022 recruitment including the apply online link, exam date, vacancies, eligibility requirements, selection process, salary, and other details.
WBSEDCL Recruitment 2022: Overview
Check out the brief overview of WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer 2022 recruitment about application dates, vacancies, selection process etc.
WBSEDCL Recruitment 2022 for Assistant Engineer Overview
Name of Organization
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. (WBSEDCL)
To be released
Application date for WBSEDCL 2022
|To be notified|
WBSEDCL: Full Form and Functions
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. is the full name of WBSEDCL. WBSEDCL's major business is energy distribution and hydropower generation. It is also the Government of West Bengal's key agency for completing the state's Rural Electrification mission, with the goal of delivering power to all rural homes in the state in accordance with the National Rural Electrification Policy.
WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer Notification: Download PDF
The WBSEDCL Recruitment 2022 pdf for the post of Assistant Engineer through GATE 2022 will be available on the company's official website soon.
WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2022 Important Dates
The important dates for the WBSEDCL recruitment 2022 apply online, exam dates will be updated here shortly.
|Commencement of Online Application||To be notified|
|Last Date to Apply Online||To be notified|
|Tentative Date of Result||To be notified|
WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer Vacancy 2022: Branch-Wise
WBSEDCL will release the number of Assistant Engineer opportunities available through GATE 2022 in due course. Please return to this post for more information on the WBSEDCL recruitment process.
|Name of the Post||Vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer Civil||To be notified soon|
|Assistant Engineer Mechanical|
|Assistant Engineer Electrical|
|Assistant Engineer Electronics|
|Assistant Engineer Instrumentation|
WBSEDCL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2022.
Educational Qualification for WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer
Interested candidates must meet the following educational requirements in the particular discipline.
Age Limit for WBSEDCL
Candidates interested in WBSEDCL recruitment 2022 must meet the following age requirements as of July 31, 2022, in addition to the other requirements.
|30 years||32 years|
Selection Procedure for WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer
- Graduate Engineers from relevant disciplines who wish to work at WBSEDCL must participate in the GATE 2022 Exam.
- Candidates will be shortlisted (category-wise) for Personal Interviews based on their GATE 2022 result (in 1:5 ratios of advertised vacancies).
- Final Merit Award On the basis of the combined performance in GATE 2022 and the Personal Interview procedure, a list of eligible candidates will be compiled.
Weightage for the positions of Assistant Engineer
|GATE 2022 Score||80%|
How to Apply Online for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2022?
Eligible candidates must apply using WBSEDCL's online registration system, in the Career section.
Candidates must have a current email address. Only the registered E-mail ID will receive information about downloading a Provisional Admit Card for a Personal Interview from the Company.
It is required to obtain a valid GATE-2022 Registration Number to obtain qualifying marks in the examination.
Candidates must print the system generated Registration Slip with their unique Application No. after applying online.
WBSEDCL Application Fee 2022
- Candidates from the Unreserved (UR) and OBC categories must pay the following online application fee:
- Unreserved (UR)/ OBC - ₹400
- SC, ST (WB)/ PWD - Exempted
WBSEDCL Assistant Engineer Salary and Surety Bond
- Candidates recruited into Class-I (Technical) with a salary scale of Pay Band ₹ 15,600 - ₹ 39,100 & Grade Pay ₹ 5,400 will be trained for one year, which may be extended if necessary, according to corporate policy.
- Aside from Basic Pay and Grade Pay, the posts also include DA, HRA, Medical Allowance, Electricity Allowance, Hill Compensatory Allowance, Project Allowance (depending on the location of posting), LTC / HTC, CPF, Gratuity, benefits for indoor treatment in leading hospitals for self and dependents, Leave Encashment, and other benefits as per the Company's rules.
- Candidates for the position of Assistant Engineer must post a bond of Rs. 1,50,000/- at the time of entering the company and must serve for a minimum of 4 years from the date of joining (one-year probation plus 3 years' service). They may be confirmed under the Company after successfully completing their probation.
WBSEDCL Contact Details
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.
Vidyut Bhavan, Block- DJ
For the Official West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. website, click the link below:
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
GATE 2022 Exam Syllabus:
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE 2022 at BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.
All the Best!