Key Points for WBCS History Optional
The first thing to do to crack WBCS History Optional in History is to keep the WBCS History Optional Syllabus with you. Read the syllabus again and again till every word of it is internalized.
- Second, identify the are areas that are scoring and from which PSC is asking questions again and again.
- Identify your strength and weaknesses in History. For example- Modern India is a very scoring part of History. Therefore, do not miss any questions from here.
- Work on your weak areas. For example- candidates find Ancient India difficult. Therefore, more time should be spent here.
- Avoid reading guide WBCS History books available in the market.
- Read the books that you read in your graduation and post-graduation.
- Revise these books again and again. Attempt mock tests.
Read More: WBCS History Optional Important Books
How Prepare WBCS History Optional For WBCS Mains Exam
1. Previous Year Paper Analysis for WBCS History Optional
One of the most indispensable parts for preparing WBCS History Optional is to get a proper sense of perception about the type of previous year questions in which you will be able to know the pattern of questions and also it helps you to know the various number patterns.
2. Strategy for WBCS History Optional
Best strategy should be based on thoroughly reading textbooks; otherwise you won’t be able fix the chronology of History. Simultaneously it is very much important to develop your writing practice day by day. As the WBCS Optional exam generally conducted through subjective pattern therefore you have to thrive your writing skill by completing an answer within 10-15 mins.
3. Important Books for WBCS History Optional
- Ancient Indian History-A.L.Basham-The Wonder that was India(English Version)
- Ancient Indian History-V.D.Mahajan(English Version)
- প্রাচীন ভারতের ইতিহাস-দিলিপ কুমার গাঙ্গুলি(বাংলা মাধ্যম)
- Medieval Indian History-V.D.Mahajan(English Version)
- Satish Chandra(Medieval India)
- মধ্যযুগের ভারতের ইতিহাস-অনিরুদ্ধ রায়(বাংলা মাধ্যম)তেসলিম চৌধুরি(বাংলা মাধ্যম)
Read More: Gupta Era : Ancient History of India
- Modern Indian History-Sekhar Bandyopadhyay(English Version),
- Bipan Chandra(English Version)
- আধুনিক ভারতের ইতিহাস-সমর কুমার মল্লিক (বাংলা মাধ্যম)
- World History-Norman Lowe(English Version)
- Contemporary World History(NCERT Arjun Dev)
- প্রভাতাংশু মাইতি(বাংলা মাধ্যম),অলোক কুমার ঘোষ(সমসাময়িক বিশ্ব)
Read More: List of Union Cabinet Ministries
NOTE - PSC picks questions directly from these above-given books. Therefore, candidates need to read and revise these books thoroughly if they want to clear WBPSC WBCS exam