WBPSC SI Eligibility Criteria 2018 is shared here. WBPSC SI notification 2018 was released recently. Candidates interested in applying for the post of Sub Inspector should check here the eligibility criteria. WBPSC SI Eligibility Criteria consists of important details such as Age limit criteria, educational qualification, and other important factors. The WBPSC SI Eligible Criteria will help you to identify whether you are eligible for the WBPSC SI 2018 exam or not.
WBPSC SI recruitment 2018 notification was released for a total of 957 vacancies of Sub-Inspector in the Sub-ordinate Food & Supplies Service, Grade-III, under Food & Supplies Department. The WBPSC SI online application link will be activated till 18th September 2018. To be qualified for WBPSC SI post, a candidate must fulfil the factors of eligibility criteria as stated in the advertisement by the closing date of submission of application. The eligibility prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by the Govt.
WBPSC SI Eligibility Criteria 2018
Here are the eligibility requirements in 3 stage for WBPSC SI (Sub-Inspector) 2018 Exam. It is important for the candidates to fulfil the complete eligibility criteria as mentioned below in order to apply for the WBPSC SI 2018 exam:
- Age Limit Criteria
- Educational Qualification
The candidate should hold the citizenship of India or such other nationalities and as are declared eligible by the government of India.
II. Age Limit Criteria
a) The minimum age of the candidate should not be below 18 years and the maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 40 years as on 01st January 2018.
b) This means that the candidate who is interested in applying for the post of Sub-Inspector should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1978 and not later than 1st January 2000.
c) Candidates belonging to minor categories have a concession in the age limit prescribed by the public service commission of West Bengal which is as follows:
Concession in age:
1) The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC & ST candidates and by 3 years for BC (Non- Creamy Layer) candidates.
2) No relaxation is applicable to SC/ST/BC candidates of other States as they shall be treated as general unreserved candidates.
3) The upper age limit is also relaxed for Ex-Servicemen who have put is not less than six month’s continuous service in any rank (whether as a Combatant or as a Non- Combatant) in the Armed Forces of the Union. For such Ex-Servicemen, the upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years more than the period of his service in the Armed Forces.
4) No claim for being a member of SC/ST/BC (Non- Creamy Layer), Ex-Servicemen or a meritorious sportsperson will be entertained after the closing date for submission of the application.
Note: The Date of birth of the candidates will only be accepted as recorded in the Madhyamik or equivalent certificate.
III. Educational Qualification
A) The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination (class 10th) from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
B) Also, the candidate applying for WBPSC SI post should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
C) Candidates must possess sound health and ability to undertake extensive tours in rural areas of West Bengal.
This was all about the WBPSC SI Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidates who fail to fulfil any of these criteria would not be eligible to apply for the post. Still puzzled! Drop your queries in the comment section, we would be happy to help you.