WBCS Prelims Revision Tips and Strategy
WBCS is one of the most prestigious exams in West Bengal. Lakhs of aspirants attempt this exam across the state every year. But, only a small percentage of aspirants can fulfill their goals. The WBCS exam is not only challenging in terms of the size of its syllabus but also terrifying due to its highly uncertain nature.
Read More: WBCS 2022 Prelims Last 15 Days Preparation Strategy
Let's check the 7-step full-proof preparation strategy for West Bengal Civil Service 2022 Preliminary exam preparation:
1. To know the WBCS Preliminary Syllabus
The WBCS Preliminary exam is an objective type. Check the WBCS Syllabus for the prelims exam below.
- English Composition, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Vocabulary test, Phrasal Verbs, Same words bearing more than one meaning and use of appropriate and qualifying words.
- General Science
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Mental Ability
Read More: WBCS Prelims Cut off
2. Overview of Previous Year's Question Papers
After reading the syllabus, then you can understand the method of examination. Then you have to download the WBCS question papers of all the subjects of last year's WBCS Preliminary Question Paper from the official website of the WBPSC.
How to Analyse Previous Year's Question Papers:
- Then the syllabus given by the commission and the question paper on the related subject should be compared
- These are the parts of the WBCS Preliminary syllabus from which WBPSC frequently asks questions. There are also parts from which they rarely ask questions. The subject of the Indian National Movement is a good example. Gandhi era and INM are the very common topic for PSC
- Then put down a list of the most frequently asked topics and pay special attention to the elements in the list.
- This way you can observe and analyze the previous year's question papers.
3. Making Booklist
- Finding a WBCS book for each subject according to the syllabus given now we will suggest to you the only way decide which book to read now is to compare the syllabus of the commission and the components of the respective books.
- The book in which you will find most of the topics of the syllabus should be chosen as your reference book.
Is it necessary to read NCERT books?
- Students who are studying for WBCS Preliminary examination may read the NCERT books for better understanding.
4. Making Notes
- Considering the context of the WBCS exam, it is very important to learn to make short notes during WBCS preparation. One cannot hope to succeed in the WBCS exam without ins and outs study and preparation of their own notes and revising them regularly.
How to make notes:
- Don't write everything down - write down the important points.
- Make short notes of the given examples with a colored pen
- Keep creating drawings and sketches
- Keep your sentences short. Use bullet points and numbered lists
- If you need to see how things are connected, consider using mind maps
5. Create a Study Time table
- Now you need to have proper planning to achieve success in any exam. Having a proper schedule is just as important. Now let's look at how many months we have in hand before the main exam is going to be held. You will need to schedule your course according to the amount of time remaining.
- Now when making a WBCS Study Plan, you can fall into two groups, those who study full time and those who work, but you can make a constructive plan according to the amount of time you have.
Below is a sample timetable
Arithmetic and Reasoning Practice
6. How many hours to study?
- Now, depending on the individual, the time required to grasp a concept varies. It is generally advised that eight hours of study and 2 hours of solving practice set is crucial if a candidate is preparing full-time. If he/she is a working professional diligently study hours can be allocated on the weekends or late evening or morning hours, whatever suits.
7. To make revisions
- Since the curriculum is vast, subject matter needs to be reviewed from time to time
- Students should make sure that their review plan is consistent with their study plan. This means that when a student sits down to study a subject, he should not forget to review the previous subjects. For example, if a student spends 1 hour on a particular subject, they should be given 10-15 minutes for repetition.
In this way, you can plan for the WBCS Preliminary 2022. Make proper planning and achieve success in the upcoming examination
WBCS দৈনিক, সাপ্তাহিক, এবং মাসিক কারেন্ট অ্যাফেয়ার্স| পিডিএফ ডাউনলোড করুন
Byju's Exam Prep WBPSC টেলিগ্রাম চ্যানেলে যোগ দিন
BYJU'S Exam Prep WBPSC ইউটিউব চ্যানেল
Important Articles for WBCS Exam
|ভারতীয় সংবিধান প্রণয়ন||Click Here|
|Physiography of India (হিমালয় এবং উত্তরের সমভুমি)||Click Here|
|ভারতের জাতীয় উদ্যান এবং ওয়াইল্ড লাইফ স্যাংচুয়ারি||Click Here|
|মৌর্য সাম্রাজ্য: WBPSC স্টাডি নোটস||Click Here|
|10 জন মহিলা স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামী||Click Here|
|2022 সালের ভারতের ক্যাবিনেট মন্ত্রীদের তালিকা||Click Here|
Commentswrite a comment