Are you preparing for the WBCS examination?
The WBCS examination procedure begins with a Preliminary Exam, followed by the Main Exam and Personality Test.
This blog will be helpful for the WBCS aspirants to know the most anticipated section with the most expected topics that are critical before beginning exam preparation.
WBCS Prelims Exam Pattern
- The WBCS Prelims exam consists of only one General Studies MCQ paper.
- The Prelims paper consists of General Studies questions including General Mental Ability of 200 marks.
- The exam duration is 2.5 hours.
- The marks obtained from this WBCS Preliminary exam will not be added to the final result. It is only a screening test to admit students to the WBCS main examination
|English Composition||25 marks|
|General Science||25 marks|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25 marks|
|History of India||25 marks|
|Geography of India (special reference to West Bengal)||25 marks|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25 marks|
|Indian National Movement||25 marks|
|General Mental Ability||25 marks|
Most Expected WBCS GS Questions for 2022 Prelims Exam
Candidates must have concrete planning to pass the WBCS Preliminary Exam. The aspirants need to follow the proper strategy to decent score in the WBCS Preliminary Exam. The candidates need to focus on General Studies Paper. We will discuss the most expected questions in the WBCS GS Questions for the 2022 Preliminary Examination.
Expected Questions on History and Indian National Movement :
1. Which Rajput ruler was not a contemporary of Akbar?
A. Man Singh
B. Amar Singh
C. Udai Singh
D. Jaswant Singh
Answer ||| D
2. Who was the Nawab of Bengal at the time of the Battle of Buxar (1764)?
A. Mir Qasim
B. Mir Jafar
Answer ||| A
3. Who was the writer of ‘Buddha Charita’?
Answer ||| B
4. Which of the following Harappan sites is not located in Gujarat?
Answer ||| D
5. Where did Gautama Buddha deliver his first sermon?
A. Bodh Gaya