Uttar Pradesh Economic Survey Summary 2020-2021
- State Economy and Public Finance
- In the year 2019-20, the growth rate of Gross State Domestic Product at constant prices has been 3.8%, and 6.5% at prevailing prices.
- The per capita income has been estimated at Rs 44618 at constant prices and Rs 65704 at current prices for the year 2019-20, which shows the growth rate of 2.2% and 4.9% respectively from the previous year.
- In the year 2019-20, the growth rate of primary, secondary and tertiary segments at fixed prices has been 1.9%, -0.5%, 7.7% and 6.3%, 0.6%, 8.9% respectively at current prices.
- The segment wise distribution of GSVA at fixed prices in the year 2019-20, the contribution of the primary, secondary, tertiary sections have been 23.0, 26.8 and 50.0 per cent respectively and 25.3, 24.9, and 49.7 per cent respectively at the current prices.
- According to the revised estimates for the financial year 2019-20, the share of GST in the state's own tax revenue is about 39.5 per cent, While the share of VAT is about 16.7 per cent.
- In the period from 2015-16 to 2019-20, 100% of loan in capital outlay was used for development works, Rather, a large part of the revenue savings is also being used for capital works, which is a sign of a healthy economy.
- The position of revenue surplus achieved by the State Government in the year 2006-07 has been maintained continuously in subsequent years also.
- GSDP of fiscal deficit The percentage from the year 2015-16 was 2.63 per cent which has come down to 2.38 per cent in the year 2018-19.
- Challenges and Strategies in Regional Development
"Millions of challenges in self-reliance, but crores of solutions"
- Efforts are being made in every sector to meet the goal of a 1 trillion dollar economy of the state.
- Eleventh Defense Expo successfully organized from 5th to 9th February 2020 in Lucknow.
- Investors Summit, two groundbreaking ceremonies, Pravasi Bharatiya Divas were organized in the last years.
- There has been continuous improvement in the ease of doing business in the state and the state has been ranked in the category of achievers.
- 'Mission Shakti' has been started for the safety, respect and self-reliance of women and daughters, which will help in increasing their self-confidence.
- "Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Department" has been constituted for better coordination and monitoring of Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Schemes and schemes of Minor Irrigation and Ground Water Department.
- In the year 2019, with the growth of 87.96 per cent of domestic tourists, the number of foreign tourists also saw a growth of 25.50 per cent.
- Banking and Institutional Finance
- The banking network has grown from 2.41 sq km on average to an average of 2.28 sq km in the March 2020 quarter.
- A total of 7,68871 Kisan Credit Cards have been issued in the financial year 2020-21 till the review period June 2020.
- The credit for agriculture, priority sector and weaker sections are 25.98%, 58.34% and 18.94% respectively.
- With the aim of providing financial assistance and employment to MSMEs / business units/farmers / backward sections of the society, the 'Self-reliant India Package' has been announced by the Government of India in May 2020.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana, the state is at first place in the country by opening 6.63 crore accounts (16.48 per cent).
- Agriculture, Forest and Environment
- The use of modern technology in agriculture is being promoted to double the income of farmers. A new procurement policy for wheat, paddy and maize has been implemented and International Krishi Kumbh was organized successfully.
- Uttar Pradesh became the first state in the country to make payment of grants due to farmers through DBT and amend the Mandi Act.
- In the year 2018-2019, 604 lakh 15 thousand metric tonnes of food grains were produced against the target of 581.03 metric tonnes, which is the highest ever record production.
- In view of the shortage of agricultural labour, to provide agricultural machinery on the grant to promote mechanization By establishing 1 thousand 694 custom hiring centres and 305 farm machinery banks, 40 thousand 606 advanced agricultural machines are proposed to be distributed on the grant.
- Agricultural College Campus under the University of Agriculture and Technology, Ayodhya, Azamgarh and University of Agriculture and Technology, Under Kanpur, the work of teaching-learning has been started in Agriculture College Campus, Lakhimpur-Kheri.
- It has been decided to set up 20 new Krishi Vigyan Kendras for dissemination of the latest information on agriculture in the state, out of which 14 Krishi Vigyan Kendras have started operation.
- Livestock, Milk Development and Fisheries
- In the year 2019-20, the state ranks first in the country by producing 318.20 lakh metric tonnes (growth rate 4.26 per cent) of milk. Which is equal to about one-fifth of the country's milk production.
- Testing Strip developed by PCDF and NDDB for Detection of Soyabean in Milk Powder has been launched by Hon'ble Chief Minister. This testing system developed by PCDF was given the Innovation Award by NDDB on Milk Day (June 1, 2018).
- Sale of fortified pollen milk containing vitamins A and D has been started in Meerut, Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad and Jhansi.
- CSR call centers (1800 102 2017) have been set up in 5 districts of the state on pilot basis for veterinary facilities, medicines etc.
- The first Women Milk Producer Cooperative Federation Ltd. has been established in the state in Shahjahanpur.
- Horticulture and Food Processing
- In order to promote food processing industries, programs like Uttar Pradesh Food Processing Industries Policy, 2017, Food Processing Training and Legislation etc. are being run Under these programs, sectors like fruit-vegetable processing, grain-based industries, milk, bakery-based industries etc. are included.
- Integrated Horticulture Development Mission Medicinal Plants Mission for the coordinated development of horticulture in the state, Important programs like horticulture development, quality betel production promotion etc. are being conducted in Bundelkhand and Vindhya region.
- A budget provision of Rs 812.61 crore has been made for the Horticulture Development and Food Processing Program in the year 2020-21, which is 0.16 per cent of the total budget of Rs 512860 crore of the state government.
- In the year 2019-20, Rs 579.37 crore was spent on horticulture development and food processing programs in the state.
- Uttar Pradesh ranked first in the country in the production of potato, mango and guava in the year 2017-18.
- The contribution of the state to the total mango production of the country was 20.86 per cent.
- Rural Development and Panchayat Empowerment
- Under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin), the state has secured first place in the country.
- MNREGA wage rate in the state has been increased from Rs 182/- per man-day to Rs 201/-.
- In the current year, the scheme is being implemented by Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission in 592 development blocks of 75 districts of the state under the intensive strategy.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural), 14.30 lakh houses have been constructed till September 2020. The state ranks first in the country in the performance index of the scheme.
- Mukhyamantri Awas Yojana (Rural) is a fully state-aided scheme, under which a total of 16700 beneficiaries have been benefited in the financial year 2018-19 and in 2019-20, a total of 34040 beneficiaries have been benefited.
- Rural Development Department is the nodal department of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna and the executive department - Public Works Department (in 42 districts) and Rural Engineering Department (in 33 districts) are executing the works of the scheme.
- In the financial year 2019-20, funds have been released for a total of 79 panchayat buildings, against which the construction work of 54 multipurpose panchayat buildings has been completed.
- National Gram Swaraj Abhiyan of Panchayati Raj has been awarded an e-Governance Award in the year 2019-20 by the Government of India.
- Industrial Progress
- In the 'Ease of Doing Business Report' released by the Government of India in the year 2020, Uttar Pradesh has achieved the second rank, making a big jump from the 12th rank of the previous year.
- “One District One Product” (OD) by the government to make them recognized at the national and international level through skill development and branding of products of artisans and handicrafts of the districts of the state. A budget provision of Rs 250.00 crore was made for this scheme in the year 2019-20.
- The Chief Minister is going to start the Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme from the financial year 2020-2021. Under this scheme, along with training in industries, monthly training allowance will be provided to the youth.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has implemented the 'UP Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (Simplification of Establishment and Operations) Act 2020', making major changes in the UP Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Act. Under this, the entrepreneur will have to fill the form on the prescribed format and submit it to the District Industries and Enterprise Promotion Center and no license will be required for a period of 1000 days.
- To bring industrial activities back on track, 'Uttar Pradesh Temporary Exemption from Certain Labor Laws Ordinance 2020' has been brought by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. In this ordinance, there is a provision to provide relaxation of 03 years to all factories and manufacturing establishments from the labour laws applicable in Uttar Pradesh.
- Innovative initiatives are being taken to make lakhs of trained youth in the state through the Youth Entrepreneurship Development Campaign (Yuva Hub) to move from employment to self-reliance. It is established in every district of the state.
- With reference to the estimated value of total mineral production in the country, the state contributes 5 per cent to the national production.
- Service Area
- At the prevailing prices, the contribution of the service sector in the gross value added of the state was 45.5 per cent in the year 2011-12, which has increased to 49.7 per cent in the year 2019-20.
- Under the service sector, there has been an increase of 7.7% in the year 2019-20 in the gross value added of the state.
- The growth rate of 5.7 and 6.6 per cent has been shown in the year 2018-19 and year 2019-20 in the business, hotel and restaurant section of the state's gross value added at constant prices.
- In the year 2011-12, the contribution of the financial services segment in the gross value added of the state was 3.7 per cent at the prevailing prices, which has increased to 3.4 per cent in the year 2019-20.
- 10.47 lakh employees were employed in the public sector in the service sector in the state in March 2018.
- Infrastructure, Energy and Communications
- Solar Energy Policy-2017 has been promulgated by the state government for the purpose of setting up solar power generation projects in the private sector. Bundelkhand Expressway will start from Jhansi-Mirzapur National Highway near Bharatpur in Chitrakoot and end at Agra-Lucknow Expressway at Etawah All approvals will be given online to make the entire process of construction work paperless through "Vishwakarma" software.
- Major Dhyanchand Path scheme is being run in 2020-21 for the repair/construction of roads up to their homes/villages for sportspersons of the state who have enhanced the prestige of the state at the national and international level.
- In the year 2020-21, in order to pay respect to the martyrs of the state, approval of Rs 10.38 crore has been given for the works of 14 roads till the month of August to repair/renovate the road up to their homes/villages.
- Under the Solar Park Scheme of the Government of India, a total of 440 MW solar parks are being developed in Jalaun, Kanpur Dehat, Mirzapur and Prayagraj districts of the state. Ujjwala Yojana was launched from the Ballia district of the state to provide free LPG connections to economically weaker families.
- Tourism and Civil Aviation
- “Uttar Pradesh Tourism Policy-2018” has been implemented to promote tourism in the state, facilitate investment for private entrepreneurs and take tourism industry to new heights.
- A total of 2405.00 lakh tourists, including 2394.70 lakh Indians and 10.30 lakh foreigners, came to Prayagraj in Kumbh 2019, which is a big achievement for the state.
- In the year 2019, with the growth of 87.96 per cent of domestic tourists, the number of foreign tourists also saw a growth of 25.50 per cent.
- The Heritage Arch takes travellers to beautiful places in and around Agra, Lucknow and Varanasi regions.
- Integrated One-Stop Travels Solution Portal has been launched by the Tourism Department with the objective of providing convenience and guidance to the tourists. Tourists will be able to get 24x7 Travels Assistance through this portal.
- Publicity is being done on a large scale by developing cultural tourism facilities in Mathura, Vrindavan, Ayodhya, Prayag, Vindhyachal, Naimisharanya, Chitrakoot, Gorakhpur, Kushinagar and Varanasi etc.
- To promote higher education, 03 new state universities are being established in Saharanpur, Azamgarh and Aligarh.
- Apart from this, the establishment of "Law University" is proposed in the Prayagraj district. Ayush University is proposed to be established in Gorakhpur.
- The establishment of engineering colleges in Mirzapur, Pratapgarh, Basti and Gonda districts and the construction of engineering colleges in Azamgarh and Ambedkar Nagar has almost been completed.
- Atal residential schools are being established in 18 mandals of the state. Free residential education will be provided in these schools from class 6 to 12. A provision of Rs 270 crore is proposed for this.
- Under basic education in the state, about 2 lakh 65 thousand schools are run by the government and non-government.
- In the year 2019-20, the state government has started a new program 'Sharda-School Har Din Aaye' for the identification, registration and enrollment of children.
- Health and Medical
- “Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Cancer Institute in Banaras Hindu University”, Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital at Lahartara and “Super Specialty Block” at BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur have become functional.
- The construction work of 08 new medical colleges- Hardoi, Etah, Pratapgarh, Fatehpur, Siddharthnagar, Deoria, Ghazipur and Mirzapur is going on in the state. 13 new medical colleges – Bulandshahr, Bijnor, Auraiya, Pilibhit, Lakhimpur Kheri, Kanpur Dehat, Lalitpur, Gonda, Sultanpur, Kushinagar, Sonbhadra, Kaushambi and Chandauli have been approved.
- The construction work of a new medical university Honorable Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University is being done in Lucknow. And a satellite centre of King George's Medical University is being established in Balrampur.
- Advanced Diabetes and Endocrine Sciences Center is proposed to be established at SGPGI.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is applicable in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh. A provision of Rs 291 crore is proposed for the scheme.
- As a result of the efforts of the government, the state has been awarded the MMR Award by the Government of India for bringing the highest 30 per cent drop in maternal mortality.
- Telemedicine has been started in the state, under which patients from remote villages can also get medical advice from the control room through mobile phones.
- Social Welfare
- Total current expenditure and capital expenditure on social security and welfare in the year 2020-21 (Income-Expenditure Estimate) were 8.7 per cent and 2.5 per cent respectively of the total current expenditure and capital expenditure of the government.
- The total current expenditure and capital expenditure on social security and welfare in the year 2018-19 (actual estimate) were 7.5 per cent and 0.9 per cent, respectively, of the total current expenditure and capital expenditure of the government.
- With the aim of promoting universal harmony and social harmony in the society and to eliminate unnecessary performance and wastage in the marriage festival, 'Mukhyamantri Mass Marriage Scheme' is being operated in the state.
- Disabled persons who have become disabled due to leprosy are given grants at the rate of Rs 2500/- per month per beneficiary.
- Vocational Training Scheme (Mini ITI) has been started to provide skill training along with traditional education to boys/girls studying in recognized madrasas of the state.
- Manpower and Employment
- According to the 2011 census, the share of the 15-59 age group in the total population of the state is 55.77 per cent.
- To provide employment assistance to the unemployed, 106 employment offices have been established in the state.
- By organizing 1133 career counselling programs in the year 2020-21 by the employment offices of the state, 342043 participants were helped in the selection of subjects according to employment opportunities, Information about the opportunities available in the job market, employment-oriented courses and training courses was provided.
- There were 1601875 employees working in the public sector in the state during the period of March 2019.
- In March 2019, the number of women employees in the state increased by 0.52 per cent as compared to the previous year.
- 44780 in the year 2019-20 under the 'Maternity, Child and Girl Child Help Scheme' for the registered construction workers by the UP Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board And in the year 2020-21, financial assistance was provided to 1887 registered women workers till September 2020.
- Sustainable Development
- NITI Aayog released a report on the performance of states and union territories in the second edition of the Sustainable Development Goals, India Index on December 30, 2019.
- Uttar Pradesh is the highest among the top three states in overall improvement, improving their overall score from 42 in 2018 to 55 in 2019.
- Target-7, the state's jump in cheap and clean energy has been 40 points.
- A nodal department is designated for each target. The planning department is in a coordinating role.
- NITI Aayog report covers 16 out of 17 targets, whereas in the year 2018 only 13 targets were included.
- The purpose of releasing the report of NITI Aayog is to assess the progress of the states, increase competition and mutual cooperation in development among the states.