UTET 2021 Exam Pattern Overview
- Two sessions will be available for conducting the UTET Exam (UTET Paper-1 and UTET Paper-2)
- The total number of questions asked in each paper will be 150.
- The question papers will be based on Multiple Choice Questions types.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will get one mark each.
- There is no negative marking applicable on wrong answers
UTET Exam Pattern 2021
According to the latest notification, there is no change in the UTET exam pattern. Here are the details of the paper-I and paper-II exam pattern which includes a number of questions, marks allotted and the total time.
UTET Paper-1 Exam Pattern 2021
|S.N.||Section||Number of question||Marks||Total Time|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|3||Language - 1||30||30|
|4||Language - 2||30||30|
UTET Paper-2 Exam Pattern 2021
|S.N.||Section||Number of Question||Marks||Total Time|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|2||Language - 1||30||30|
|3||Language - 2||30||30|
(a)Science & Mathematics (For Science & Mathematics Teacher)
(b)Social Science (For Social Science Teacher)
Note: Mathematics and Science for Maths and Science teachers (Science Background students). Social Science is for Social Science teachers (Art Background students).
UTET 2021 Exams Section-wise Strategy:
Child Development & Pedagogy:
Child development is a very important subject and candidates can easily score 20 to 25 marks in this subject. You should revise the important topics of child development and practice daily quiz. Must Revise all important theories of child development & learning. The important topic of child development for revision is given below.
- Theories of Intelligence
- Theories, Principles & Methods of Child Development
- Learning theories
- Inclusive Education
- Specially disabled Learners
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Concepts of Psychology
English & Hindi Language:
In the English & Hindi language, section 15 question asked from Passage & Poem and also 15 questions asked from the Language pedagogy. You need to practice Passage & Poem daily basis, so you can easily attempt these question in the exam and also save time for other sections.
If the passage is lengthy in the UTET exam then try to attempt these question after completing all section. If you are good in this Section then easily score 20+ marks. The important topics of this section are given below.
- Reading unseen passages
- Principles of Language Teaching
- Language Skills
- Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency
- Remedial Teaching
- Language related theories
EVS is easy and the scoring subject and asks in Paper-1 exam only. In this subject, 15 questions will ask from EVS Content and also 15 questions will ask from EVS Pedagogy. Candidates need to study & revise all important topics of this subject and also practice the EVS quiz daily. The important topics of this section are given below.
- Family and Friends
- Food & Water
- Things We Make and Do
- Concept and scope of EVS
- Significance of EVS & integrated EVS
- Environmental Studies & Environmental Education
- Learning Principles
- Scope & relation to Science & Social Science
- Experimentation/Practical Work & CCE
Mathematics is a very scoring subject if you are good in this subject but if you are weak then must learn the topic wise concept. In this section 1st attempt all easy question Like Simplification, Arithmetics and number system. The important topic of this section is given below. If you are good in this Section then easily score 25+ marks.
- Numbers System
- Mensuration & Data Handling
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking; understanding children’s thinking
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum
- Language & Community of Mathematics
- Evaluation through formal and informal methods
- Error analysis and Problems of Teaching
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
Science subject will ask in Paper-2 exams only for those students who want to become a science teacher. Candidates need a practice quiz of this section and must practice previous year question. The important topic of this section is given below.
- Food & Nutrition
- How things work
- The World of Living
- Natural Science/Aims & objectives
- Approaches/Integrated Approach
- Observation/Experiment/Discovery (Method of Science)
- Text Material/Aids
- Evaluation & Problems
- Remedial Teaching
Social studies are a very important subject for Art side students because from this section 60 question will be asked. Candidates need a practice quiz of this section and must practice previous year question. The important topic of this section is given below.
- Concept & Nature of Social Science/Social Studies
- Class Room Processes, activities, and discourse
- Developing Critical thinking
- Enquiry/Empirical Evidence
- Problems & Source of Social Studies
- Projects Work & Evaluation
For more details, you can go through the given link:
Important Tips for UTET Exam:
1. Revision: It is high time know to focus on the topics you have already studied.No new topic should be touched now only read again topic studied already.
2. Plan your test-taking strategy: You should have your test-taking strategy ready before the exam. It will help you in ensuring your success. With the help of the test, you will be able to know your strengths and weakness. Must Attempt Quizzes posted on BYJU'S Exam Prep for UTET exams.
3. Attempt Mock tests: Attempt as much mock test as you can in the remaining days. It will be helpful to maintain the proper speed and accuracy level in the exam.
4. Attempt All Questions: As there is no negative marking so attempt all questions.
5. Previous Year Question Papers: This will help candidates to have an idea of the examination pattern. Aspirants should practise the previous year papers during the revision time so that they can know the time limit and can practice weak areas.
6. Quizzes: Candidates can practice topic wise quiz from the BYJU'S Exam Prep application for all the Subjects.
7. Refer to short notes: Still, you find some topic difficult to grab, prepare short handwritten notes to be used at the last minutes.
Refer to Other Important Links:
Sahi Prep Hai to Life Set hai!