UPSC Statistics Syllabus Overview
The UPSC Statistics syllabus is divided into two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each paper contains 250 marks making a total of 500 marks.
UPSC Statistics Syllabus Paper 1
UPSC Statistics Syllabus Paper 2
1. Industrial Statistics
2. Statistical Inference
2. Optimization Techniques:
3. Linear Inference and Multivariate Analysis
3. Quantitative Economics and Official Statistics:
4. Demography and Psychometry
Download UPSC Statistics Syllabus PDF
UPSC Statistics Syllabus can be downloaded using the direct link mentioned below:
UPSC Statistics Syllabus for Paper 1
Paper 1 of Statistics optional UPSC syllabus is segmented into 4 topics. In addition, those topics are divided into subtopics that we have mentioned below.
UPSC Statistics Syllabus for Paper 2
Again the paper 2 of Statistics optional is divided into 4 topics, and those topics are further segmented into sub-topics. Check out the complete UPSC statistics syllabus below
How to complete UPSC Statistics Syllabus?
Statistics optional UPSC syllabus contains topics that can only be covered with a solid preparation strategy and practice. With the proper approach, it's miles feasible to clear this examination withinside the first try.
- Understand your statistics optional UPSC syllabus
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare very own preparation notes
- Select Best Reference Books
- Practice UPSC Previous Question Papers
- Practice few IAS Mock Test
UPSC Statistics Syllabus Best Books
To cover the UPSC Statistics syllabus in the best possible way, you need the help of books that are recommended by IAS toppers. Below we have listed books that will help you make the best out of your time.
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta, and B Dass Gupta
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta, and B . Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-SC Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme