UPSC Punjabi Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains
UPSC offers a roster of 48 subjects to choose from as your Optional subjects. This particular subject is divided into two papers- Paper I and Paper II. Accordingly, the Punjabi syllabus for IAS Mains exam is divided into two parts as well. Each one is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of deeper topics about the language.
Each paper carries 250 marks, making it 500 in total for the optional subject in UPSC Mains. A higher score in this subject will guarantee higher chances of your selection.
UPSC Punjabi Literature Syllabus PDF
Punjabi literature UPSC syllabus PDF can be downloaded from the link given below. It is best that aspirants carry a hard copy of the Punjabi optional syllabus for UPSC during the preparation to thoroughly cover every topic. .
Punjabi Literature Syllabus for UPSC Paper 1
UPSC Punjabi syllabus for Paper I requires the aspirants to have the knowledge of the language fundamentals like grammar, literary trends, folklore, etc along with the language’s history, origin, classical background, and dialects.
UPSC Punjabi Optional Syllabus Paper 2
UPSC Punjabi syllabus for Paper II would test your critical thinking and understanding of the subject. Literature in itself is very inter-disciplinary. A piece of literature is depictive of its time, its society, and its politics making literature a relatively interesting topic for aspirants.
Preparation Strategy for UPSC Punjabi Literature Syllabus
Owing to the great volume of knowledge that is needed to be consumed by a UPSC aspirant, the strategies one follows become of utmost importance. Studying for UPSC is like an exercise, it needs to be consistent and well-executed. These are some points you can keep in mind while preparing for your UPSC mains:
- Time is of the essence: The syllabus is humungous and all-encompassing which is why it is vital that you stick to the prescribed syllabus religiously. Studying for topics that are not in the syllabus is just killing your time.
- Choosing the right material: While the internet has opened avenues to endless material, it has also made misinformation rampant. With so many options to choose from, confusion is unavoidable. Make sure to choose the right Punjabi Literature Books for UPSC
- Making your own timetable: You know your needs the best. Nobody can customize a study plan for you better than you. Plan according to your strengths and weaknesses. Set realistic goals that align with your time availability.
- Notes will take you everywhere: The process of preparation is usually a year-long affair for most aspirants. To keep up with the topics you prepared in the initial days, it is best to take notes as you go. While there are several PDFs available on study portals, the best way to commit facts to your memory is through writing by hand.
- UPSC Previous Year Question Papers are your best bet: The most efficient way to prepare for the kind of questions UPSC can throw at you is by going through previous years’ exam papers.
Best Books for Punjabi Literature Syllabus for UPSC
It is best to read the texts in their entirety for someone who is preparing for Punjabi literature as Candidates can check out the list of the best Punjabi Literature Books below. We have put together some of the best books for your preparation.
- Punjabi Bhasha Da Janam Te Vikas by Dr. Prem Prakash Singh
- Punjab di Lok Dhara by Sohinder Singh Bedi
- Aadhunik Prageet Shilap by Dr Thakar Dutt Joshi
- Principal Teja Singh Di Rachna by Bikram Singh Ghuman
- Teja Singh Di Vartak Kala by Diwan Singh, Bikram Singh Ghuman
- Punjabi Nibandh (Saroop, Sidant te Vikas) by Balbir Singh Duggal
- Punjabi Alochana (Sidhant Te Vihar) by Harbhajan Singh Bhatia