UPSC Psychology Syllabus - Overview
Being familiar with the psychology optional UPSC syllabus should be the first addition to the UPSC Exam preparation strategy. Knowing what topics to cover at the beginning will help the candidates to strengthen their foundation, and they will be able to score well.
Topics like introductions, related issues, methods and etc. are included in the psychology syllabus for UPSC. Candidates need to prepare for both papers efficiently. Below we are going to provide a detailed psychology syllabus UPSC optional for both papers.
The psychology optional UPSC syllabus has two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each paper holds 250 marks and a total of 500. The performance in the optional paper will highly impact the score on the final score of the UPSC Exam. That’s why aspirants must understand each topic of the UPSC Psychology Syllabus and prepare accordingly.
UPSC Psychology Syllabus
Foundations of Psychology
Psychology: Issues and Applications
UPSC Psychology Syllabus PDF Download
Every candidate should download the UPSC Psychology Syllabus, and kickstart the preparation. The PDF file can be downloaded from the direct link that we have provided below
UPSC Psychology Syllabus Paper 1
Paper 1 of the psychology optional UPSC syllabus includes Foundations of Psychology, and it is further divided into subtopics.
Psychology Optional Syllabus for UPSC Paper 2
Paper 2 of the UPSC Psychology Syllabus is based on Psychology: Issues and Applications, and is segmented into sub-topics.
Preparation Strategy for UPSC Psychology Syllabus
The psychology optional UPSC syllabus is vast, and that’s why candidates should keep must keep a few aspects in their mind while studying and writing their answers. Keeping these things in check would definitely help them cover the whole UPSC Psychology Syllabus effectively, and ace their exam. However, candidates also ensure to complete the other papers of the UPSC Mains Syllabus to increase their overall score.
- Candidates must clear their basic concepts of each topic from the psychology optional syllabus.
- Including experimental studies in your paper will add a huge advantage
- Make sure to come up with real-life examples, which will help you to boost your score
- Creating flowcharts would help you to understand the concepts in a better way
- Attempt mock tests, and practice previous year’s questions to cover the entire UPSC Psychology Syllabus in the best possible way.
What are the Best Books for Psychology Optional UPSC Syllabus
Effective preparation for the UPSC Psychology Syllabus won’t be achievable without books. Even though there are so many options when it comes to choosing the UPSC Books, not all of them are worth your attention. Below we have shared some of the highly recommended Psychology UPSC Books by experts to perform well in this psychology optional subject.
- Understanding Psychology by Robert S. Feldman
- Psychology – Classes XI & XII NCERT textbooks
- Psychology by Robert A Baron
- Tests, Measurements, and Research Methods in Behavioural Sciences by A K Singh
- Psychology by Saundra Ciccarelli
- Applied Psychology by Smarak Swain