Geography Prelims Previous Year Questions
Candidates can download the UPSC prelims geography questions from the years 2013 to 2022 with answers in PDF format from the below-given links. Candidates can also attempt these questions to evaluate their grasp of the geography section of the UPSC Prelims Syllabus.
- Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2022
- Geography Previous Year Questions UPSC Prelims 2021
- Geography UPSC Prelims Questions 2020
- Geography Previous Year Questions UPSC 2019
- Geography PYQ UPSC Prelims 2018
- Geography Prelims Previous Year Questions 2017
- Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2016
- Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2015
- Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2014
- Geography PYQ UPSC Prelims 2013
Geography UPSC Prelims Questions Trend
Given below is the UPSC exam analysis of the number of Geography UPSC Prelims Questions each year from 2022- 2013. Looking at the weightage, it is evident that UPSC Geography Syllabus must be covered comprehensively. Candidates can also download the UPSC Previous Year Question Paper PDF for complete practice and revision.
Geography PYQ UPSC Prelims - Number of Questions
UPSC Geography Prelims Questions 2022
Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2021
Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2020
UPSC Prelims Geography Questions 2019
UPSC Geography Prelims Questions 2018
Geography PYQ UPSC Prelims 2017
UPSC Prelims Geography Questions 2016
UPSC Geography Prelims Questions 2015
Geography Previous Year Questions UPSC Prelims 2014
Geography Previous Year Questions UPSC 2013
UPSC Prelims 2022 Geography Questions
The UPSC Prelims 2022 Question Paper saw a total of 12 questions from the Geography section. The level of the questions asked was moderate, and few were based on Atlas. Some of the Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2022 are as follows:
Question: Which one of the lakes of West Africa has become dry and turned into a desert?
- Lake Victoria
- Lake Faguibine
- Lake Oguta
- Lake Volta
Answer: Option B is the correct answer.
Question: “System of Rice Intensification” of cultivation, in which alternate wetting and drying of rice fields are practiced, results in
- Reduced seed requirement
- Reduced methane production
- Reduced electricity consumption
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Answer: Option D is the correct answer.
Questions: Consider the following States:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
How many of the above are generally known as tea-producing States?
- Only one State
- Only two States
- Only three States
- All four States
Answer: Option C is the right answer.
The remaining Geography PYQ UPSC Prelims 2022 can be downloaded using the link mentioned.
Geography Questions in UPSC Prelims 2021
Total of 12 UPSC Prelims 2021 Geography Questions were asked that year. The questions asked were from the following topics - savannah, groundwater, black cotton soil of India, permaculture, palm oil, Indus River system, Eastern Ghats rivers, water-efficient crops, and temperate & tropical zone.
Tips to Prepare for UPSC Prelims Geography Questions
Geography is an unavoidable part of the UPSC Syllabus, and questions from this section are asked every year in General Studies paper 1. Geography can be an interesting subject, but some don't enjoy it due to the many facts and concepts. Below we have mentioned some tips and tricks that would help the candidates ace the UPSC Prelims Geography Questions in both UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains exam.
- First, go through the UPSC Prelims Syllabus so that you will precisely remember what to read.
- After that, start with the NCERT Books for UPSC to build a basic foundation.
- Then, you can switch to the higher-level UPSC Books to sharpen your knowledge. Carefully choose the right study materials and Geography Books for UPSC.
- Go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers to understand the pattern. Understand how UPSC frames questions and prepare accordingly.
- Current Affairs also have a high dose of geography, so read the newspapers such as The Hindu and monthly magazines, namely Yojana and Kurukshetra, and stay updated with the latest news.
- Give as many mock tests as possible to evaluate yourself and, based on that, identify the weaknesses.