UPSC Kashmiri Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains Exam
IAS Kashmiri literature syllabus is divided into two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers contribute 250 marks each, which means the total marks of the optional paper is 500. Both in Paper 1, and Paper 2 candidates have to write the answers in Kashmiri,
Paper 1 comprises topics like the Genealogical relationship of the Kashmiri language, Areas of occurrence, and dialect, Phonology and grammar, Kashmiri literature in the 14th century, Nineteenth-century Kashmiri literature, Modern Kashmiri literature, etc.
On the other hand, Paper 2 includes an Intensive study of Kashmiri poetry up to the nineteenth century, An analytical study of the short story in Kashmiri, novel, drama, and Kashmiri folk literature. Candidates need to have a solid understanding of the Kashmiri language in order to fetch good marks and enhance their selection chances in UPSC Mains.
Kashmiri Literature Syllabus PDF for UPSC Exam
It would be ideal to keep a hard copy of the UPSC Kashmiri Literature Syllabus during the preparation as candidates can keep a track of the topics they need to cover. Below we have provided a direct link to download the PSC Kashmiri optional syllabus PDF.
UPSC Kashmiri Optional Syllabus Paper 1
Paper 1 of the UPSC Kashmiri optional syllabus is divided into two sections- Section A and Section B. Section A includes Genealogical relationship of the Kashmiri language, Phonology and grammar, Areas of occurrence and dialects (geographical/social), and Syntactic structure. Section B contains Kashmiri literature in the 14th century, Modern Kashmiri literature, Nineteenth-century Kashmiri literature, and Kashmiri literature in the first half of the twentieth century. Check out the complete UPSC Kashmiri Literature Syllabus for Paper 1 below.
UPSC Kashmiri Literature Syllabus Paper 2
Paper 2 of the UPSC Kashmiri Optional Syllabus covers an Intensive study of Kashmiri poetry up to the nineteenth century, Kashmiri poetry: 19th Century, Twentieth Century Kashmiri poetry, Literary criticism, and research work, An analytical study of the short story in Kashmiri, Novel in Kashmiri, Drama in Kashmiri, and Kashmiri Folk Literature.
Strategy to Cover Kashmiri Literature Syllabus for UPSC Mains Exam
A good preparation strategy makes things easier during the preparation of any subject and allows the candidates to get the most out of their time. It goes the same for the Kashmiri literature syllabus for UPSC as well. That’s why we have come up with an effective plan that would aid in the preparation and help to cover the Kashmiri literature syllabus for UPSC in an efficient manner.
- First you must know the topics that need to be covered, so take your time and have a look at the Kashmiri literature syllabus for UPSC.
- After building a map of the topics, you need to gather the best UPSC Kashmiri Literature Books that would be a great addition to your preparation.
- The next step is to come up with a robust study plan, that would help you maintain the right balance between the UPSC Prelims Syllabus and UPSC Mains Syllabus preparation.
- Don’t forget to make your hand-written notes, which have proved to be beneficial during the revision period.
- Glance through the UPSC Previous Year Question Paper to build an understanding of the types of questions asked during the exam.
Best Books for UPSC Kashmiri Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC Books are the greatest support during the UPSC exam preparation, and it is nearly impossible to crack the exam without them. However, there are not many options when it comes to the books available for the UPSC Kashmiri Literature Syllabus. But fortunately, there are some books that have proven to be beneficial for the candidates with Kashmiri optional. Below we have provided a list of those books.
- Anhaar – Kashmir University Journal
- Qk Angy Natuk, ed. Motilal Keemu
- Sheraza – Cultural Academy
- Kasher Adbuk Tawareekh – Shafi Shouq
- Kashir Zaban Te Adab – Cultural Academy
- Marun-Ivan Ilyich