UPSC IAS Prelims Expected Cut off 2020: IAS Prelims 2020 was conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of various Group A and Group B posts in the administrative position. UPSC Cutoff is the minimum marks that an aspirant must score to qualify for IAS Mains. The UPSC Prelims Cut off varies for different categories. UPSC Prelims 2020 Cut off will be released by UPSC after the completion of the entire selection process. After taking the Prelims exam, most of the students will be very eager regarding the expected cut off UPSC IAS prelims 2020. A candidate who secures the UPSC 2020 cut off score in the Prelims is only eligible for the Main Examination.
In this article, we share expected cut off UPSC prelims 2020 exam category wise
UPSC IAS 2020 Prelims Expected Cut off
Expected Cut Off
Level of the UPSC IAS PrelimsExam
The overall difficulty level of UPSC IAS Prelims exam was Easy to Moderate. The question paper has covered almost all the areas of the prescribed syllabus. The topics from which the questions come were – History & Indian National Movement, Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, General Science, Economy and Social Development and Environment & Ecology.
Broadly, the paper was conceptual, and the majority of the questions came from the Static GK than the current segment. A candidate who has been focusing on the basic concepts throughout his UPSC CSE preparation could have attempted well. But the good aspect is that the questions were focused on the topics that are from all-round knowledge of General Awareness. In comparison to previous years question papers, this year the weightage of Current Affairs is moderate.
UPSC IAS 2020 Prelims Expected Cut off:
Few important Points for UPSC Civil Services Exam Cut Off:
- In Prelims Exam, Paper-2 (CSAT) is qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in CSAT Paper is not considered in preparing the result of UPSC Prelims Exam. It is prepared only based on marks obtained in Paper-1 (General Studies Paper).
- Prelims exam marks obtained by the Candidate is not counted in the preparation of the final cut off after the Main and Interview.
- UPSC releases the Official cutoff only after declaring the final result of the Civil Services Exam.
How UPSC Prelims Cut off is Calculated?
UPSC IAS cut off is decided by two factors.
- The level of Prelims question paper difficulty with the increase in the difficulty level of the Prelims questions paper, the cut off also decrease.
- The total number of vacancies come for recruitment in that year and reservation. If the number of vacancies is lower, then Cut off will be higher.
Note: The UPSC IAS cut off is different from the minimum qualifying marks. The minimum qualifying marks for IAS exam are decided before the exam is conducted and written in the UPSC IAS notification, but the UPSC CSE cutoff is calculated after the exam is conducted based on the factors discussed above.
Previous Year's UPSC IAS Prelims Cut Off:
Candidates can check UPSC IAS Cut off for previous years to predict the minimum qualifying marks for clearing Preliminary Stage. Click Here to Check Previous year UPSC IAS Prelims Cutoff.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. When is Official UPSC IAS Prelims Cut off declared?
- Official cut off declared after completion of all stages and declaring final result.
Q. What is Cut off Marks for IAS Prelims Exam?
- Cut off marks are those marks decided by the UPSC after considering many factors which candidate score to Qualify for Mains Exam.
Q. Is IAS Paper-2 marks counted in Cut-off?
- Paper-2 is only qualifying paper in which a minimum 33% marks you score. Merit decided by Paper-1.
Q. Is UPSC IAS Cut off is same for all category?
- No, cut off is different for different category and it is decided by reservation factor.
Q. What is the UPSC Prelims 2019 Cut off marks category wise?
- General: 98
- OBC: 95.34
- EWS: 90
- SC: 82
- ST: 77.4
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series.
Here are the links:
More from us