The UPSC IAS 2020 prelims Question Paper 1, General Studies consists of 100 Objective type questions with four options, and CSAT Paper 2 consists of 80 Questions. There is negative marking in both the Paper under which 1/3rd of the marks is deducted for each incorrect answer.
In this post, we are providing UPSC IAS Prelims expected cut off 2020, subject & topic-wise exam analysis, difficulty level, and question paper PDF in Hindi & English.
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Analysis 2020: 04th October
Read the complete detail about the section-wise analysis and detailed analysis of the topics asked in the UPSC IAS Prelims exam.
UPSC IAS Exam Analysis 2020 (Subject-wise): Paper 1
No. of Questions
History and A&C
Moderate to Tough
Static GK and Current Affairs
Moderate to Tough
India and World Geography
Moderate to Tough
Easy to Moderate
Environment & Ecology (Including Current Development)
Moderate to Tough
General Science and S&T (Including Current Development)
Moderate to Tough
Indian Polity and Governance
Easy to Moderate
Overall Difficulty Level- Difficult
UPSC IAS Prelims Paper 1 Exam Analysis 2020 (Topic-wise)
1. General Science & Technology
- Steel slag can be the material for which of the
- Consider the following statements:1. Coal ash contains arsenic, lead, and mercury. 2. Coal-fired power plants release sulphur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen into the environment3. High ash content is observed in Indian coal.
- India's National Policy on Biofuels, which of the following can be used as raw material
- Solar Pumps
- Carbon Nanotubes
- Genetic Change
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines in India
- Plant and Animal Cells
- Benzene Pollution
- With reference to the cultural history of India consider the following pairs
- With reference to the period of the Gupta dynasty the town Ghantasala, Kadura and Chaul
- Match the following terms with their meaning
- Industrial Revolution on India impact
- Pala Dynasty/ Pratiharas
- Post Harsha Period
- Buddhism/ Mahayana
- Desher Katha was written by Sakharam Ganesh Deuskar
- Kulyavapa and Dronavapa
- Inscription signifies which personalities
- Gandhi Irwin Pact
- Common agreement between Gandhism and Marxism
- Cultural History of India "Paramitas"
- Rakhmabai case of 1884
- Indigo Cultivation in India
- Fort William College of Calcutta
- Literature/ Scholars
3. Indian Polity & Constitution
- With reference to the funds under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)
- Which one of the following categories of Fundamental Rights incorporates protection against untouchability as discrimination?
- Rajya Sabha has equal powers with Lok Sabha
- Separation of Judiciary
- A constitutional government by definițion is a government
- Other than the Fundamental Rights, which of the following parts of the Constitution of the principles and provision of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- A Parliamentary System of Government
- Welfare State Ideals
- Basic Structure in terms of federalism/ Judicial Review
- Characteristics appropriate for bureaucracy
- The preamble of the constitution of India
- RPA act, 1951
- President of India/ Parliament Session
- In India, which of the following can be public Investment in as considered agriculture?
- Which of the following factors/policies were affecting the price of rice in India in the recent past
- Interest Coverage Ratio
- Consider the following statements: 1. The value of the Indo-Sri Lanka trade has consistently increased in the last decade. 2. "Textile and textile articles" constitute an important item of trade between India and Bangladesh. 3. In the last five years, Nepal has been the largest trading partner of India in
- CPI & WPI
- Commercial Paper, Certificate of Deposit, Call Money, Zero-Coupon Bonds
- Foreign Direct Investment major characteristics
- With reference to the international trade of India
- Non-financial debt includes
- With reference to the Indian economy after the 1991 economic liberalization, consider the following statements
- RBI's expansionist monetary policy
- "The Macro-Economic Framework Statement"
- Global Financial Crisis
- Demand Deposit Account
- Consider the following pairs River and flows into
- Zero tillage in agriculture
- Minimum Support Price
- The crop is subtropical in nature.
- With reference to pulse production in India
- With reference to the current trends in the cultivation of sugarcane in India
- Eco-friendly Agriculture
- Major Minerals
- Ocean Mean Temperatureure
- Chemical fertilizers in India
- Siachen Glacier
- Famous Places with their states
- Jet streams occur in the Northern Hemisphere only/ Cyclones
- with reference to the Indian Elephant, consider the following
- Which of the following Protected Areas are located in Cauvery basin
- With reference to India's Biodiversity, Ceylon frogmouth, Coppersmith Barbet, Gray-chinned minivet and White-throated restart are
- Which one of the following protected areas is well-known for the conservation of a sub-species of the Indian swamp deer (Barasingha) that thrives well on hard ground and exclusively graminivorous.
- Which of the following are the most likely places to find the musk deer in its natural habitat?
- In rural road construction the use of which of the following is preferred for ensuring environmental sustainability or reducing carbon footprint.
- What is Biochar farming?
- Schedule VI of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
- Social Cost of Carbon
- India's Desert National Park
- Among the following Tiger Reserves, which one has the largest area under "Critical Tiger Habitat"
7. Current Affairs
- In which one of the following groups are all the four countries members of G20?
- Kisan Credit Card Scheme
- The term "West Texas Intermediate"
- IAEA safeguards
- With reference to Trade-Related Investment Measures (TRIMS, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- Consider the following statements: In terms of short-term credit delivery to the agriculture sector, District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) deliver more credit in comparison to Scheduled Commercial Banks and Regional Rural Banks. One of the most important functions of DCCBs is to provide funds to the Primary Agricultural Credit Societies.
- Advantages of fertigation in agriculture
- Cyber insurance for Individual
- 36% of India's districts are classified as "overexploited" or "critical" by the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA).
- Aadhar Metadata
- Legal Services Authorities
- International Agreement with their Subjects
- Gold Tranche
- Space Mission
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Pronuclear Transfer
- Artificial Intelligence
- Visible Light Communication
- Block-Chain Technology
UPSC IAS Prelims Previous Year's Exam Analysis:
|Year||Current Affairs||History and A&C||Geography||Polity||Economy||Science & Technology||Environment|
UPSC IAS Exam Analysis 2020 (Subject-wise): Paper 2
This paper comprises 80 Questions, each carrying 2.5 marks with a total of 200 marks.
Total Number of Questions
Mental Ability, Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Comprehension; Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- How many different sums can be formed with the denomination Rs 50, Rs100, Rs 200, Rs 500, Rs 2000 taking at least three denomination at a time?
- In a class there are three groups A, B, C if one student from group A and two students from group B are shifted to group C, then what happens to the average weight of the students of the class?
- For what value of N, the sum of a digit in the number (10n+1) is 2?
- A sum of Rs 2500 is distributed among x, y and z in the ratio 1/2:3/4:5/6. What is the difference between the maximum share and the minimum share?
- What is the remainder when 51*27*35*62*75 is divided by 100?
- The recurring decimal representation 1.272727.... is equivalent to
- What is the least four-digit number when divided by 3,4,5 and 6 leaves a remainder 2 in each case?
- In the adult population of a city, 40% of men and 305 women are married. What is the percentage of the married adult population if no men marries more than one woman and no woman marries more than one man, and there are no widows and widowers?
- Data Interpretation: For which period was the natural growth grate maximum?
- What is the greatest length x such that 3:1/2m and 8:3/4m are integral multiples of x?
- A frog tries to come out of a dried well 4.5m deep with slippery walls. every time frog jumps 30 cm, slides 15 cm. What is the number of jumps required for the frog to come out of the well?
- A vessel full of water weighs 40kg. If it is one third filled, its weight becomes 20Kg. What is the weight of the empty vessel?
- If 1 litre of water weighs 1 Kg, then how many cubic mm of water will weigh 0.1gm?
- A digit n>3 is divisible by 3 but not divisible by 6. Which one of the following divisible by 4?
- Which one of the following will have a minimum change in its value if 5 is added to both numerator and the denominator of the fraction 2/3, 3/4, 4/5 and 5/6?
- How many pairs of natural numbers are there such that the differences of whose squares is 63?
- A man takes half time in rowing a certain distance downstream than upstream. What is the ratio of the speed instil water to the speed of the current?
- The minimum number of points of intersection of a square and a circle is to?
- A car travels from a place X to place Y at an average speed of v km/hr, from Y to X at an average speed of 2v km/hr, again from X to Y at an average speed of 3v km/hr and again from Y to X at an average speed of 4v km/hr. then the average speed of the car for the entire journey.
- A person X can complete 20% of work in 8 days and another person Y can complete 25 per cent of the same work in 6 days. If they work together, in how many days will 40% of the work be completed?
- What is the largest number among the following?
- What is the missing term @ in the following?
- The letters from A to Z are numbered from 1 to 26 respectively. If GHI=1578 and DEF=912, then what is ABC equal to?
- A shop owner offers the following discount options on an article to a customer:
- As a result of a 25 % hike in the price of rice, per kg, a person is able to purchase 6 kg less rice for Rs 1200. What was the original price of rice per kg?
- The average score of a batsman after his 50th innings was 46.4. After 60th innings, his average score increases by 2.6. What was his average score in the last ten innings?
- A bottle contains 20 litres of liquid A. 4 litres of liquid A is taken out of it and replaced by the same quantity of liquid B. Again 4 litres of the mixtures is taken out and replaced by the same quantity of liquid B. What is the ratio of the quantity of Liquid A to that of liquid B in the final mixture?
- How many different 5-letter words can be constructed using all the letters of the word "DELHI" so that each word has to start with D and end with I?
- Seating arrangement
- Data Handling: What is the value of x in the table?
- If in a particular year 12th January is a Sunday, then which one of the following is correct?
- Statement analysis
- Find which digit does the symbol stand?
- If you have two straight sticks of length 7.5 feet and 3.25 feet, what is the minimum length can be measured?
- Number of sequence 14, 18, 20, 24, 30, 32....
- Find the missing letter?
- One page is torn from a booklet whose pages are numbered in the usual manner starting from the first pages as 1. the sum of the numbers on the remaining pages is 195. The torn pages contain which of the following numbers?
- Let A3BC and DE2F be four-digit numbers where each letter represents a different digit greater than 3. If the sum of the numbers is 15902, then what is the difference between the values of A and D?
- Profit and loss
- Let x, y be the volumes of; m, n be the masses of two metallic cubes P and Q respectively. Each side of Q is two times that of P and mass of Q is two times that of P.
- How many integers are there between one and hundred which have 4 as a digit but are not divisible by 4?
- A is 16th from the left and in a row of boys and V is 18th from the right end. G is 11th from A toward the right and 3rd from V towards the right end. How many boys are there in the row?
- Complete the sequence?
- Question-based on Direction test.
- Question-based on Syllogism.
- How many zeros are there at the end of the following product?
- Let XYZ be a three-digit number, where (X+Y+Z) is not a multiple of 3. Then (XYZ+YZX+ZXY) is not divisible by?
- Let p,q, r and s be natural numbers such that. Which one of the following is the largest natural number?
- How many five-digit prime numbers can be obtained by using all the digits 1,2, 3, 4 and 5 without repetition of digits?
UPSC Prelims Question Papers 4th October 2020
Download IAS prelims question papers PDF of Paper 1 and Paper 2 for SET A, B, C, & D here.
|UPSC Prelims GS Question Paper 2020|
|IAS Prelims GS Paper 2020 - SET A||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 GS Question Paper:1 PDF SET-A Here|
|IAS Prelims GS Paper 2020 - SET B||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 GS Question Paper:1 PDF SET-B Here|
|IAS Prelims GS Paper 2020 - SET C||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 GS Question Paper:1 PDF SET-C Here|
|IAS Prelims GS Paper 2020 - SET D||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 GS Question Paper:1 PDF SET-D Here|
|UPSC Prelims CSAT Question Paper 2020|
|IAS Prelims CSAT Paper 2020 - SET A||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 CSAT Question Paper:2 PDF SET-A Here|
|IAS Prelims CSAT Paper 2020 - SET B||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 CSAT Question Paper:2 PDF SET-B Here|
|IAS Prelims CSAT Paper 2020 - SET C||Download UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 CSAT Question Paper:2 PDF SET-C Here|
|IAS Prelims CSAT Paper 2020 - SET D||-|
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern: 4th October 2020
UPSC IAS Exam consists of three stages:
(i) Preliminary Exam
- The candidates who qualify for the UPSC IAS 2020 Preliminary Exam will be allowed to appear in the next phase, i.e. The UPSC CSE Main Exam.
(ii) Main Exam
UPSC IAS Prelims Difficulty level & Good Attempts 2020:
- Overall UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 Exam level is Medium to Moderate.
- Candidate must correct 55-60 Questions in Paper-I to clear the Exam.
- Candidate must correct 33 Questions in Paper-II to clear the Exam.
UPSC IAS Prelims Answer Key 2020:
Students who have appeared for the IAS Prelims exam can access the UPSC IAS Prelims Answer Key 2020 to measure their performance to calculate the score.
UPSC IAS Prelims Expected Cut off 2020:
UPSC will be announcing the IAS Prelims cut-off score only after the Final Result. Candidates are a bit confused about whether to start the preparation for Main Exam or not. Hence, we are providing you UPSC IAS Prelims Expected Cut off 2020 for Paper-I: General Studies.
UPSC IAS Prelims Question Paper 2020 Download PDF:
We are providing you with the UPSC IAS Prelims Question Paper 2020 Download PDF for civil services aspirants. Through these papers, you can understand the difficulty of the paper and which topics are more important.
What after UPSC Prelims Exam 2020?
Many candidates are confused whether they clear Prelims or not but don't worry all the candidate must categorize into three kinds of people:
- First, those candidates who score pretty good marks & confident that they can clear the Prelims exam should start preparing for UPSC CSE Mains Exam.
- For those candidates who think their marks are on the borderline, they also start preparing for the mains exam because whether you qualify or not, if you are a serious aspirant, you should continue the process of Prelims-Mains-Interview preparation in a time-bound manner.
- For those candidates who score very fewer marks, you don't lose hope because No one can win every day/every time. Failures are just a part of life. Correct your mistakes. Analyze to find out mistakes, analyze well, and take steps to correct it.
Frequently Asked Questions for UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 4th October 2020:
Q. When UPSC releases Prelims 2020 result?
- UPSC declares Prelims results within 50 days after conducting the exam.
Q. What is the cut off for the UPSC Prelims 2020?
- Our experts predicted the cut-off marks you can check UPSC IAS Prelims Expected Cut off 2020.
Q. How do I check my UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 result?
- You can check the UPSC IAS Prelims results by logging into the official website of the UPSC and following the instructions therein.
Q. When UPSC declares official Cut off IAS Prelims Exam?
- UPSC declares official Cut off after the Final Result comes.
Q. When UPSC declares official answer key?
- Official answer key declares by UPSC after the Final result.
Q. When I can see my Official Prelims Score?
- You can see your Prelims mark sheet after the final result.
Q. What is the UPSC Exam Pattern & Mains Syllabus?
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series.
Here are the links:
More from us