UPSC ESE 2022 Notification PDF out!: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the detailed notification for the Engineering Service Examination 2022. The online application process starts from 22nd September 2021 and the last date to apply online is 12th October 2021 till 6:00 PM. Every engineering aspirant's dream job is the Engineering Service Examination (ESE IES), and every aspirant is looking forward to it. The total number of vacancies across all departments is expected to be around 247 in ESE 2022.
In departments such as Central Engineering Service, Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group A, Indian Defence Service of Engineers, Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A') Service, and others, ESE offers class A officer jobs. The tentative examination date is February 20, 2022.
You must read entire official details such as important dates, eligibility, vacancy, fee, exam pattern, and selection procedure, etc., by downloading the UPSC ESE 2022 notification PDF.
Download UPSC ESE 2022 Notification PDF
UPSC ESE 2022 Notification: Important Dates
|UPSC ESE Notification 2022 Release Date||22nd September 2021|
|UPSC ESE 2022 online application start date||22nd September 2021|
|Last date to apply online for UPSC ESE 2022||12th October 2021|
|Withdrawal of UPSC ESE 2022 online application||20th October to 26th October 2021|
|UPSC ESE 2022 Tentative Date of Prelims Exam||20th February 2022|
UPSC ESE 2022 Eligibility Requirements
1. Minimum Educational Qualification
A candidate must meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to the examination:
- obtained an Engineering degree from an Indian university founded by an Act of the Central or State Legislature, or other educational institutions created by an Act of Parliament or proclaimed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- passed Sections A and B of the Institution of Engineers Examinations; or
- acquired an engineering degree/diploma from a foreign university/college/institution under such conditions as the government may recognise for this purpose from time to time, or
- passed the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) Graduate Membership Examination; or
- passed the Aeronautical Society of India's Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B; or
- passed the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers in London after November 1959
2. Age limit (till 1st January 2022)
- Minimum Age requirement: 21 years old.
- 30 years is the maximum age.
- Relaxation of up to 5 years in age for SC/ST candidates
- For OBC candidates, there is a three-year age relaxation.
- The commission's guidelines allow for additional age relaxations.
3. Medical Examination
Finally, the Commission's recommended candidate will be subjected to a medical examination as prescribed by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), which will be held at various Railway Hospitals under the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
4. Physical standards
For admission to the Engineering Services Examination, 2022, the aspirant must be physically fit according to the commission's physical standards.
UPSC ESE 2022 Vacancy Details
The following categories of services/posts will be filled based on the results of this examination:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
The number of vacancies to be filled based on the examination results is estimated to be around 247, with 06 slots for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (including Leprosy healed, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims, and Muscular Dystrophy) and 02 vacancies for Hard of Hearing. The number of openings is subject to change.
The following are the details of the available positions.
|Electronics and Communication|
UPSC ESE 2022 Application Form Procedure
- The candidate must apply online using the following link www.upsconline.nic.in
- The Online Application Form is divided into two parts: Part I and Part II (detailed instructions for online applications can be found on the website.)
- If an applicant submits more than one application, the application with the higher registration number will be evaluated.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they meet all of the requirements for admission to the Examination.
- Candidates must include valid and active email addresses in their applications.
- The candidate's signature and photograph must be scanned in.jpg format (It should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB )
- The candidate should also have the information for one photo ID card, which they must provide while filling out the online application form.
ESE IES 2022 Application Fees
- Applicants must pay a fee of Rs. 200 for General/OBC/EWS candidates.
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates are not required to pay a fee.
UPSC ESE IES Admit Card 2022
The admit cards for the prelims and mains exams will be released separately. The UPSC ESE 2022 Admit Card will be released two weeks prior to the exam. Candidates can get the UPSC ESE admit card 2022 using their login credentials. Any discrepancies can be reported to the Commission by the candidates.
How to Download ESE Admit Card 2022
- Visit the Union Subic Service Commission's official website (UPSC).
- From the drop-down menu, choose the 'Examinations' tab.
- From the examinations section, select 'Active Examinations.'
- There will be a link to the 'Engineering Services Examination 2022'.
- Select the ESE admit card 2022 from the drop-down menu on the website.
- The ESE admits card page will appear.
- Select 'Yes' on the Instructions page.
- Fill in the Registration ID/Roll Number and any further information as needed.
- Click the "Submit" button to see the IES admit card.
- Save & Print the IES admit card 2022.
UPSC ESE IES Selection Process 2022
There are three stages to the selection procedure.
Stage‐I: Engineering Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type Papers)
Stage‐II: Engineering Services Main Examination (Conventional Type Papers) and
Stage‐III: Personality Test
The Engineering Services Preliminary Examination (Paper 1 – 200 marks and Paper II – 300 marks) is the first stage. Paper 1 is a non-technical paper with 100 questions, while Paper 2 is a technical paper with 150 questions in the relevant discipline. In the preliminary stage, there is a one-third negative marking.
The following is the Stage I exam pattern:
|Paper‐I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude)||2 hrs.||200|
|Paper‐II (Technical Subject)||3 hrs.||300|
Stage II is a conventional paper with 600 marks (300 each) for the technical subject, and the marks from Stages 1 and 2 will be combined to shortlist the candidate for the interview. Only English should be used to answer the conventional paper.
Stage III is a 200 marks Personality Test, and the scores from all of the previous stages will be combined together to determine the final list selection.
IES (UPSC ESE) Syllabus 2022
The examination for Indian Engineering Services is divided into two parts: preliminary and mains. The table below shows the detailed syllabus for these stages:
ESE Preliminary Syllabus 2022
|ESE Prelims Paper I Syllabus 2022|
|ESE Prelims Paper II Civil Engineering Syllabus 2022|
|ESE Prelims Paper II Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2022|
|ESE Prelims Paper II Electrical Engineering Syllabus 2022|
|ESE Prelims Paper II Electronics Engineering Syllabus 2022|
ESE IES 2022 Salary and Benefits
The 7th Pay Commission sets the compensation rate and perks for IES officers. Before the 7th Pay Commission, the Officer received an in-hand income of INR 42,000, but this has been substantially changed, and the Officer now receives an in-hand pay of INR 55,135.
The following are some of the benefits that an IES officer is eligible to:
- Residential Quarters or HRA, depending on whether the officer stays in the assigned quarters or finds his or her own accommodation.
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance/ Tour Allowance is provided as an additional incentive.
- Official vehicle, which is used for official activities such as visiting locations or attending meetings, among other things.
You can avail of the Online Classroom Program for complete preparation of all Engineering Exams like ESE, GATE, BARC, PSUs etc.
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Mechanical Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Civil Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Electrical Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Electronics Engineering