UPSC ESE IES 2021: Important Dates
Following are the important dates declared by UPSC in its official notification for the ESE IES Exam 2021.
ESE 2021 Online Registration begins
7th April 2021
ESE/IES Last Date to Apply Online
27th April 2021
Application Form withdrawal date
4th May to 10th May 2021, till 6 PM
ESE Prelims Admit Card Date
24th June 2021
ESE Prelims Exam Date 2021
18th July 2021
ESE Mains 2021 Exam Date
21st November 2021
IES ESE Mains Result 2021
IES ESE Interview 2021
27th December 2021 to 7th January 2022
UPSC ESE 2021 Final Result Date
To be notified
Strategy to Prepare in last 2 months
- First of all, we need to understand our strengths and weaknesses. The topics in which you are comfortable or the concepts are clear you need to practice their numerical well for the prelims. For the weak portion we cannot relax so we also need to give our time to complete them as well.
- Remember to keep no loose ends because sometimes the easy question comes from unprepared part and we are not able to solve them in the exam
- Secondly, divide your time into weeks. Try to complete your targets before the weekends so that you can feel ahead of time. Keep solving mock tests on a weekly basis and in the last week do at least two mocks for pre-exams daily.
- For Current Affairs and GK one needs to read the news from any reliable source daily and keep a small note because this will help in remembering and also in the last days you can revise them easily.
- Also, Check - Important Last Minute Tips to Prepare ESE Mains 2021 Exam
Do not miss Topics in Non - Technical portion
- Technical related Current Affairs
- Environment Science
- International news
- International affairs related to India
- Newly Launched National Schemes by Govt. or affairs which can affect your day to day life.
Tips for Technical portion
- For a technical portion of your exam 2 months is not enough if your concepts are not clear and you need a full syllabus study. But if your concepts are clear then you can start with two subjects at least and practice is the only key to success.
- Plan 4 to 5 topics per day from different subjects and solve previous year's questions of these topics, starting from the most recent questions and trying as many questions.
- Now the most important aspect which can really rank you up is the mock test. Join any mock test offline or online and give the mock tests with full intensity. Choose a good mock test whose level of questions is very similar to the ESE exam or a bit tougher. Some students do the mistake of taking a very tough test and in the process, they lose their confidence.
- In the end, all that matters is your dedication and perseverance towards qualifying for the exam.
Tips to Prepare in the last 2 months for UPSC ESE/IES Prelims
As ESE Exam is not too far we are sharing the last two months' preparation strategy.
1.) With not much time left, do not try to ram up a new topic, instead revise the topics you have already prepared:- Covering a new topic at this stage of time will create more confusion and put you in a dilemma, so it is suggested to keep your entire focus on revising topics you have studied till now.
2.) Be fully aware of the shortcut techniques:- Short tricks will help you solve numerical problems that are time-consuming. This is very important because the objective paper will contain many numerical problems you won't solve by traditional methods, so learn some techniques or develop your techniques. This will help you and give you an edge over other candidates.
3.) Keep an eye on the current affairs:- Keep an eye on especially those current affairs that happened in the past year, to get more marks in the General Ability paper. This is very important to score more marks in paper 1.
4.) For remembering definitions, try studying from flashcards. :-This is the technique to learn the important definition, formula, and other important topics. Toppers make various cards and write all the important things, and it's really fun and a new way to remember the topics.
5.) Try to take a few mock tests for ESE prelims:- Mock tests are very good to check your preparation level from time to time, So give mock tests seriously. Mock tests help you in time management.
6.) Refer to previous year's question papers for ESE as they will give you an idea of what to expect, and they will also familiarise you with the pattern of occurrence of the questions.
7.) One last but not least, stop studying at least one day before the exam. On this day, try to take proper sleep. If possible, you can also watch movies and tv series, which reduces your stress because a stress-free mind works more effectively. Have faith in yourself and & in your preparation because ESE is not all about last-day studies; it's all about the hard work you did during the whole year.
8.) Attempt the questions with 100% confidence: - Attempt questions with confidence & simultaneously mark them on the response sheet . Please don't attempt questions randomly because ultimately, as they will increase your negative marks.
You can avail of the Online Classroom Program for complete preparation of all Engineering Exams like GATE, ESE, ISRO, NIELIT, Vizag Steel, BARC, etc.
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Mechanical Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Civil Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Electrical Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Electronics Engineering
- Click Here to Avail Online Classroom Program for Computer Science Engineering