UPSC Dogri Literature Syllabus 2022
UPSC has a total of 48 subjects to choose from as your Optional subjects. These subjects are divided into two papers- Paper I and Paper-II. Accordingly, the IAS Dogri Literature Syllabus is divided into two parts as well. Each one tests your knowledge, retention, and understanding of the language. The UPSC Dogri Optional paper is written in Devanagri script.
Each paper carries 250 marks, making it 500 in total for the optional subject in the UPSC Mains. Optional subjects are of great significance as a higher score in this subject will guarantee higher chances of your selection.
Dogri Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains
UPSC Dogri Optional Syllabus for Paper-I
Section A: History of Dogri language
Origin and development, structure, grammar, vocabulary, etc.
Section B: History of Dogri literature
Development of literature over significant time milestones, development of poetry, prose, folklore, etc.
UPSC Dogri Literature Syllabus for Paper-II
Section A: Poetry
Textual criticism of works of poetry
Section B: Prose
Textual criticism of works of prose
UPSC Dogri Literature Syllabus PDF
Dogri literature UPSC syllabus PDF can be downloaded from the link given below. It is best that aspirants carry a hard copy of the Dogri optional syllabus for UPSC during the preparation to follow every topic keenly.
Dogri Literature Syllabus for UPSC Paper 1
UPSC Dogri syllabus for Paper I requires the aspirants to have the knowledge of the language fundamentals like grammar, literary trends, folklore, etc along with the language’s history, origin, classical background, and dialects.
UPSC Dogri Optional Syllabus Paper 2
UPSC Dogri syllabus for Paper II would test your critical thinking and understanding of the subject. Literature in itself is very inter-disciplinary. A piece of literature is depictive of its time, its society, and its politics making literature a relatively interesting topic for aspirants.
Preparation Strategy for UPSC Dogri Literature
The UPSC Dogri Literature syllabus can be daunting and overcoming it is one of the primary challenges that the aspirants have to take up. The strategies one follows gain utmost importance. Studying for UPSC is like an exercise, it requires consistency and brilliant execution.
These are some points you can keep in mind while preparing for your UPSC mains:
- Time is your only play: UPSC Examination tests your time management more than any other quality. Make sure that you are allotting each subject and topic enough time.
- Choosing the right books: The Internet is wide and the information it offers is endless. Confusion and indecisiveness are natural. Make sure to choose the right books to cover the Dogri Literature Syllabus.
- Set your timetable and follow-through: your timetable needs to be a product of your own availability and sitting capacity. Do not blindly follow the schedule customized by the toppers.
- Notes are your best friend: The process of preparation is usually a year-long affair for most aspirants. To keep up with the topics you prepared in the initial days, it is best to take notes as you go.
- UPSC Previous Year Question Papers are your safest bet: The most efficient way to prepare for the kind of questions UPSC can throw at you is by going through previous years’ exam papers.
Best Books for Dogri Literature Syllabus for UPSC
The best practice is to read the texts in their entirety for someone who is preparing for the Dogri literature syllabus. Candidates can check out the list of the best Dogri Literature Books For IAS below. We have put together some of the best books for your preparation.
- Azadi Paihle Di Dogri Kavita
- Modern Dogri Poetry Azadi Bad Di Dogri Kavita
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 102, Ghazal Ank
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 147, Ghazal Ank
- Ramayan by Shambhu Nath Sharma
- Veer Gulab by Dinoo Bhai Pant.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani Part-II
- Khatha Kunj Bhag II
- Meel Patthar by Bandhu Sharma.
- Kaiddi by Desh Bandhu Dogra Nutan
Other Optional Literature Subjects for UPSC Mains Exam