UPSC CSAT Syllabus
UPSC CSAT Syllabus was released along with the UPSC 2022 notification. The IAS Exam will begin with the UPSC Prelims exam which is scheduled for the month of June 2022. It is recommended to download the CSAT Syllabus for UPSC and start preparation. The UPSC Paper 2 Syllabus will comprise the following topics
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
The UPSC Prelims Syllabus consists of GS Paper 1 and CSAT Paper 2. The complete UPSC Syllabus includes a prelims syllabus followed by UPSC Mains and optional syllabus. Candidates preparing must also go through the UPSC Mains Syllabus and plan the preparation accordingly.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus PDF Download
Candidates must download the complete UPSC CSAT Syllabus to ensure that the exam preparation is well planned and comprehensive. Candidates can download the syllabus by visiting the official website of UPSC or use the direct download link of the CSAT Syllabus PDF below to make this process easier.
UPSC CSAT Maths Syllabus
IAS aspirants face trouble while covering the UPSC CSAT Maths Syllabus, and it has been a common problem among aspirants for years. However, to make things easier for the candidates, we have created a list of important topics by analyzing UPSC Question Papers. You can cover most of your UPSC CSAT Syllabus if you cover these topics mentioned below.
CSAT Maths Syllabus
Number System, L.C.M & H.C.F, Rational Numbers & Ordering, Decimal Fractions, Simplification, Square Roots & Cube Roots, Surds & Indices, Ratio & proportion, Percentages, Averages, Set theory, Divisibility Rules, Remainder Theorem
General Mental Ability
Partnership, Profit & Loss, Time and Distance, Trains, Time & work, Work & Wages, Boats & Streams, Pipes & Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Allegation & Mixtures, Mensuration & Area, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Geometry
CSAT Reasoning Syllabus
CSAT Reasoning Syllabus is not separately defined by UPSC. However, as per the previous year's papers, we can divide the UPSC CSAT Syllabus for reasoning into two parts. Check the topics to be covered mentioned below.
CSAT Reasoning Syllabus
Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability (LR & AA)
Analogy, Classification, Series, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relation, Direction Sense Test, Logical Venn Diagram, Alphabet Test, Seating Arrangement, Mathematical Operations
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency (DI & DS)
Table Chart, Pie Chart, Bar Chart , Arithmetical Reasoning, Inserting the missing character, Eligibility Test, Number, Ranking and Time sequence Test, Clock, Calendar, Problems on Ages, Cubes & Dice, Syllogism, Statement & Arguments, Statement & Assumptions, Statement & Course of Action, Statement & Conclusions, Deriving Conclusion, Assertion & Reason, Punch Lines, Situation Reaction Test, Cause & Effect, Analytical Reasoning, Mathematical puzzles & patterns
UPSC CSAT Syllabus in Hindi
Candidates preparing for UPSC Exam in Hindi an also check the detailed CSAT Syllabus for UPSC in Hindi mentioned below.
- संचार कौशल सहित अंतर - वैयक्तिक कौशल
- तार्किक कौशल एवं विश्लेषणात्मक क्षमता
- निर्णय लेना और समस्या समाधान
- सामान्य मानसिक योग्यता
- आधारभूत संख्यनन (संख्याएं और उनके संबंध, विस्तार क्रम आदि) (दसवीं कक्षा का स्तर), आंकड़ों का निर्वचन (चार्ट, ग्राफ, तालिका, आंकड़ों की पर्याप्तता आदि - दसवीं कक्षा का स्तर)
How to prepare UPSC CSAT Syllabus?
Covering the whole UPSC CSAT Syllabus is easier with an effective preparation strategy. It is essential for the candidates to score above 33% marks in CSAT to ensure their selection in UPSC prelims.
English and Decision Making
- To score well in this section of the UPSC CSAT Syllabus, you need to read basic English books for Grammar.
- Work on your vocabulary so that you won’t face problems while reading passages.
- Make sure you read newspapers daily, and if you have time then you can also read simple Novels to Enhance your comprehension skills.
Maths and Logical Reasoning
- CSAT Maths Syllabus includes topics like numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. These topics are of class x level, so make sure you glance at previous year's papers and cover these topics.
- Build a basic understanding of each topic from the CSAT reasoning syllabus. Candidates need to practice as much as possible to get a good score in these subjects.
Know your level before the preparation
Before you cover the UPSC CSAT syllabus, you need to know your strengths and weakness. To analyze your weak areas you can solve previous year’s questions and give UPSC mock tests as well. Give more time to your weak areas and build a solid understanding of the basics.
Solve Mock Tests
As we have mentioned above, solving questions from the UPSC CSAT syllabus would be highly beneficial. It will surely help you to revise the topics you have covered and also manage your time to perfection. Additionally, Mock tests will help you with your accuracy and speed.
Best Books for UPSC CSAT Syllabus
If you match hard work with a smart approach then you will be able to cover CSAT Syllabus for UPSC easily. Books from Arihant publication, TMH publication would be enough for the preparation of CSAT. With consistent practice, the candidate would be able to qualify for this round with good marks. So practice as much as questions from these books, and attempt mock tests as well.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus Analysis
Below we have covered the subject-wise trend analysis for the CSAT exam from 2015-to 2020. We have mentioned the number of questions asked from the topics covered in the UPSC CSAT Syllabus.
Logical & Analytical reasoning
Math & Basic numeracy