UPPSC Mains General Studies Paper-IV is a subjective type and includes Ethics and Human Values, Attitude and Aptitude, Emotional Intelligence, Public / Civil Service Values , and Ethics Public Publications, etc. Before starting your preparation, Candidates should know about the pattern so that they can cover the topics given in the syllabus.
This article provides a complete strategy with important topics and books for UPPSC PCS General Studies Paper-IV.
General Studies Paper-IV Syllabus
|1||Ethics and Human Values|
|2||Attitude and Aptitude|
|4||Public/Civil Service values and Ethics in Public Administration|
|5||Probity in Governance:|
Recommended Some Other Material will Boost your Preparation
Here some other material will boost your preparation
- The newspaper you should read: The Hindu, The Economic Times of India
- Magazines you should follow: Pratiyogita Darpan, Yojana, Kurukshetra, Ghatna Chakra & Down to Earth
- Lexicon for morality, honesty, and competence
- Ethics, Honesty, and Competence by Nand Kishore and Santhosh Ajmera
Here are some important tips that will help you in the preparation of UPPSC PCS General Studies Paper-IV.
Bullet points while studying - Whenever you read the topic that learns you, pointer sentences to learn easily. Or to simplify it, you can use balls, numbers, special symbols, or mind mapping to represent answers and related topics.
One thing at a time - Many candidates carry their mobiles, laptops, tablets with them during their studies, who bid them farewell constantly. Never keep any equipment while studying, this affects your concentration and you will waste your time.
Create a schedule - You have to prioritize the questions, weighting of marks, and difficulty level for important chapters.
- Start preparing with chapters that have more weightage or easier chapters, saving you time and effort for difficult chapters or preparation. And always set the time for each chapter according to the priority list.
- Most importantly, do not make frequent changes to your timetable/study plan.
Get plenty of sleep: Proper sleep helps you stay focused, improve concentration, and improve academic performance. So get 7-8 hours of sleep per day, do not compromise.
Develop a morning routine: A morning routine is of paramount importance to make each day more productive and maintain a well-restrained lifestyle. In the morning, the body is very energetic and enlightened and as the hour's pass, it begins to feel lethargic.
Make Study Notes: Notes help you to focus and understand keynotes better. This will encourage active learning and prepare study material for the exam.
|Important Related Links|
More from us