UPPSC Full Form: Exam Overview
UPPSC is a highly prestigious examination that provides successful candidates to work in the public sector and an opportunity to make an impact on society.
UPPSC Full Form
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
Mode of Exam
|Prelims, Mains and Interview|
Prelims has 2 Papers, Mains has 8 Papers
Prelims- 400 Marks
Mains- 1500 Marks
Interview- 100 Marks
UPPCS Full Form in Hindi - UPPSC का फुल फॉर्म क्या है?
उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग (यूपीपीएससी) उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार के अंतर्गत एक अधिकृत राज्य एजेंसी है। वर्तमान समय में उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग के द्वारा सरकारी विभागों में विभिन्न ग्रुप ए और ग्रुप बी में प्रदेश स्तर की नियुक्तियों के लिए जो कई चरणों की परीक्षा होती है उसे कहा जाता है “स्टेट सिविल सर्विसेस भर्ती परीक्षा” इन परीक्षाओं को पास करने के बाद उम्मींदवार का चयन एसडीएम, समीक्षा अधिकारी, तहसीलदार, पटवारी जैसे पदों के लिए होता है।
UPPSC Full Form: UP PCS Exam Pattern
It is very important to understand the latest exam pattern of the UPPSC examination for the students who are preparing for UPPSC. This latest UPPSC PCS exam pattern will help them in the right planning for the exam preparation.
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
- The nature of the UPPSC prelims exam is Objective Type.
- The UPPSC PCS Prelims exam consists of two papers i.e. (a) General Studies-I (b) General Studies-II
No. of Questions
General Studies-II (Aptitude, Hindi, English)
- General Studies-II Paper is qualifying in nature. There are 33 % of marks are required to qualify for the exam.
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted as punishment for each wrong answer.
- General Studies-I Paper is considered for screening main stage candidates. Its marks are required to get a hall ticket for the main exam, from there onwards it does not play any role in determining the final merit of the candidate.
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- The nature of the UPPSC Main exam is Subjective Type.
- The UPPSC Main exam consists of Eight (Six+ Two) papers.
General Studies Paper-1
General Studies Paper-2
General Studies Paper-3
General Studies Paper-4
The optional subject will have two question papers of 200 marks each.
UPPSC Full Form: Optional Subject List
UPPSC PSC offers 34 Optional subjects for the mains exam. Candidates can choose their optional subject according to their own choice to prepare the UPPSC syllabus.
Agriculture & Veterinary Science
Political Science and International Relations
Commerce and Accountancy
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Interview Pattern
- The Interview will consist of 100 Marks.
UPPCS Full Form: Eligibility Criteria
Know the detailed UPPSC PCS eligibility criteria for 2022 to successfully apply for the PCS written examination. Candidates failing to fulfil the UPPSC PCS eligibility norms will not be allowed to participate in the recruitment process. Thus, check out the latest and detailed UPPSC PCS eligibility criteria which include nationality, domicile, age limit criteria, educational qualification, physical standards, number of attempts, and more.
UPPSC Full Form- UPPSC PCS Age Limit
UPPCS Exam (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services) age limit as per the latest notification released by the commission in 2022 is as:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 40 years
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Number of Attempts
There is no criterion related to the number of attempts given in the official notification for the UPPSC PCS exam. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam without worrying about the number of attempts.
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Salary Details 2022
Group 'B' Gazetted Officers include the Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) Officer and the Range Forest Officer (RFO). The following is the UPPSC PCS pay scale for these officers including the pay matrix and grade pay:
UPPSC Pay Scale
UPPSC Pay Matrix
UPPSC Grade Pay
PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services)
Junior Scale Pay Band: Rs. 9300-34800
Assistant Conservator of Forest
₹ 15600/- to ₹ 39100/-
Range Forest Officer
₹ 9300/- to ₹ 34800/-
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Officer Salary Structure
Candidates are given their pay scale according to the 7th Commission. Their salaries also include other incentives and perks. The UPPSC PCS PayScale has a variety of pay levels depending on the post and Group.
The 7th Commission's UPPSC PCS Salary Structure is shown below at different stages and promotions.
Pay Scale/ Salary
₹ 56100-132000 (Pay Level 10)
After 5 years of satisfactory service
₹ 67700-160000 (Pay Level 11)
Completed minimum of 5 years of service in previous Pay Level and based on seniority
₹ 182200-224100 (Pay Level 15)
After 12 years of service
₹ 78800-191500 (Pay Level 12)
Completed minimum 1 year of service in previous Pay level and also based on seniority
₹ 144200-218200 (Pay Level 14)
Completed minimum of 5 years of service in previous Pay Level and also based on seniority
₹ 131100-216600 (Pay Level 13A)
After 16 years of service and based on seniority
₹ 118500-214100 (Pay Level 13)
UPPSC PCS Officer Perks and Allowance
Aside from the pay, a UPPSC officer receives a range of benefits and allowances. This is a list of all the allowances that the officer is entitled to.
- Accommodations provided by the government
- Vehicles for the workplace.
- Expenses for medical treatment.
- Bills for electricity and water.
- Allowances for transportation.
- Household Helpers and a Security Guard
- Study leave
- Freephone calls
- A 65 percent Dearness Allowance dependent on the inflation rate
The quantum of perks and allowances given to an officer varies from one department to another and from one post to another.
UPPSC Full Form: UPPSC Officer Job Profile 2022
The main roles and responsibilities associated with UPPSC Job Profile 2022 are as follows.
- A PCS officer is required to work with various departments at the state, divisional and district levels to maintain law and order.
- Collection of land revenues
- Acting as a court in criminal matters and revenue-related issues.
- Implementation of State Government and Union policies and procedures at the grassroots levels (when the officer in question holds a field position)
Note that the roles and responsibilities vary from one PCS post to another based on seniority and department.
UPPSC Full Form: What is the Difference Between UPPSC and UPSC?
UPSC (full form Union Public Service Commission) conducts exams for National Level while UPPSC (full form Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission) conducts exams for State Level. The Major difference between UPPSC and UPSC are given in the given table-
Union Public Service Commission
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
|Prelims, Mains & Interview||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
Number of Paper in Prelims Exam
Number of Paper in Mains Exam
Total Marks in Prelims
Total Marks in Mains
1700(02 paper 600 Marks Qualifying in Nature)
Total Marks in Interview