Forest and Wildlife
Forests and natural Flora in Uttar Pradesh
- The temperate, tropical, deciduous, and thorny forests are found in the state.
- In Uttar Pradesh first forest policy was declared in the year 1952 and the second forest policy in the year 1998.
- Forest Corporation was established in Uttar Pradesh on November 25, 1974.
- Total Forest area is 16,582 sq km, which is 6.88% of the total area of Uttar Pradesh, in which 2617 sq km is dense forests, 4069 sq km is medium density forest, and 7993 sq km is open Forest.
- Plantation area in the state is 7342 sq km, which is 3.05% of the total area of Uttar Pradesh.
- Area of scrubs in Uttar Pradesh is 587 sq. Km, which is 0.24% of the total area of Uttar Pradesh.
- 5 districts having the highest forest area (in descending order): Sonbhadra(2540.29 sq km), Kheri(1273.06 sq km), Mirzapur (803.73 sq km), Pilibhit (687.11 sq km ), Chitrakoot (586.40 sq km).
- 5 districts having the lowest forest area (increasing order): Bhadohi (3.12 sq km), Mau (11 sq km), Mainpuri(14sq km), Sant Kabir Nagar( 14 sqkm), Deoria( 15.21 sqkm).
- 5 districts having the highest forest percentage (in descending order): Sonbhadra(36.79%),Chandauli (22.25%),Pilibhit (18.64%),Mirzapur(18.25%), Chitrakoot(18.23%)
- 5 districts having the lowest one percent (in ascending order): Sant Ravidas Nagar (0.31%),Mainpuri(0.49%),Deoria(0.60%), Budaun(0.62%), Mau(0.64%).
Important schemes related to forests
- Social Forestry Scheme was started in 1976.
- U.P. Forestry project was started in March 1998.
- Operation Green Yojana started in 2001
- National Afforestation Programme (through Forest Development Authority)
- Intensification of Forest Management (Centrally sponsored)
- The supreme organization of the conservation of wildlife in the country is Indian wildlife board; the Prime Minister is the chairperson of this board.
- Zoo in Uttar Pradesh is in Lucknow and Kanpur.
- India's first-night Wildlife Park (Night Safari Park) is in Greater Noida.
- National Lion Safari Park is in Etawah.
- National Elephant Safari Park is also located in Etawah.
- Rescue and rehabilitation center of elephants is in Etawah.
- Rescue and rehabilitation center of bears is located at Mathura.
- The country's largest alligator sanctuary is in the Chambal river area.
- Peacock protection center is proposed for Vrindavan.
- National Park of Uttar Pradesh is in Dudhwa, which was declared in 1977.
- The first tiger reserve of the state is Dudhwa, which was declared in 1987.
- Second Tiger Reserve is in Pilibhit-Shahjahanpur districts, which was declared on June 2014.
- State declared its eco-tourism policy in 2014.
- There are total 24 wildlife sanctuary including bird Sanctuaries in Uttar Pradesh.
- The first wildlife sanctuary of the state is Chandraprabha Wildlife sanctuary which was established at Chandauli in 1957.
- Uttar Pradesh's largest wildlife sanctuary is Hastinapur Wildlife sanctuary, which has an area of 2,073 sq km.
- Uttar Pradesh's smallest wildlife sanctuary is Mahavir Swami Wildlife sanctuary, which has an area of 5.40 sq km and is located in Lalitpur.·
- Uttar Pradesh's first bird sanctuary of the state is located at Nawabganj. Which was established in 1984.
- Uttar Pradesh's largest bird sanctuary is Lakh Bahosi Sanctuary (लाख बहाशी) located at Kannauj.
Uttar Pradesh's smallest bird sanctuary is Patna bird sanctuary which is located at Eta
Download Free Pdf in English
Download Free Pdf in Hindi
UPPCS के लिए Complete Free Study Notes, अभी Download करें
Download Free PDFs of Daily, Weekly & Monthly करेंट अफेयर्स in Hindi & English
NCERT Books तथा उनकी Summary की PDFs अब Free में Download करें
Commentswrite a comment