Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the international version of UMANG App. The App was launched during the Online Conference organised to mark 3 years of UMANG
International version of UMANG App
- UMANG’s international version is launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs.
- It has been launched for selected countries.
- The international version will help Indian international students, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services with ease anytime.
- It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG creating interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.
- It will be helpful for Indians living abroad to pass on information on India culture and heritage to the next generation
- The international version of UMANG App can be downloaded from Play Store of specific countries.
Countries in which international version of UMANG App is valid
Here is the list of countries in which, UMANG app version has been launched:
- New Zealand
About UMANG App
- Launched: 2017
- UMANG mobile app (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is a Government of India all-in-one single, unified, secure, multi-channel, multi-lingual, multi-service mobile app.
- It provides access to high impact services of various Government of India Departments and State Governments.
- UMANG currently provides 2039 services (373 from 88 Central departments, 487 from 101 departments of 27 States and 1,179 services for utility bill payments) and the count is galloping ahead.
- UMANG App features are classified into various categories for different segments of society farmers, students, culture, health, utility services, public grievances and citizen engagement, finance & banking, transport, services for women and children, youth skills and employment, police and legal services, MEA services, States Services etc.
- Key partners of UMANG:
- Employee Provident Fund Organization
- Employee State Insurance Corporation
- Ministries of External Affairs, Health, NPPA, DAR&PG, Education, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Online Conference for 3 years of UMANG
- Online conference under chairmanship of Union IT Minister to be organized to mark 3 Years of UMANG app launch
- On the occasion, e-Book was presented major milestones of UMANG and major services available on UMANG App was also launched during the virtual event.
- The conference also mark the milestone of 2000+ services on UMANG
First UMANG Awards
Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on the highest number of transactions across services has been conferred
- Central Department category
- Platinum Partner award: EPFO
- Gold Partner award: Digi Locker
- Silver Partner award: ESIC and Bharat Gas services
- Bronze Partner award: HP Gas, Doordarshan, National Consumer Helpline, CBSE, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban, Jeevan Pramaan & Jan Aushadhi Sugam.
- State Governments
- Madhya Pradesh.
Enrol in SBI PO 2020 Complete Course and kick start your preparation with the best faculty members in India with decades of experience. Check out the important features of this course.
- Complete Syllabus Coverage
- 200+ Interactive Live Classes
- 180+ Quizzes
- 150+ PDFs
- 35 Mock Tests
Best of Luck
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!