The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) is a prominent organisation in Uttarakhand that conducts examinations and recruits for numerous government departments as well as state civil services. In Uttarakhand, the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) conducts different recruiting examinations for government departments and state civil services.
In order to clear this exam one has to know exam pattern first.
UKPSC Exam Pattern 2021
It is critical to understand the components of the UKPSC Exam before starting preparation, as this will aid in determining a quick pace and completing the preparation. The UKPSC PCS Exam, is divided into three stages.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
The exam pattern for the UKPSC exam is similar to that of the UPSC and other administrative examinations. The prelims exam has 2 papers whereas the mains exam has nine papers. The personality test is going to test your problem-solving skills, personality, knowledge in different subjects, and other things.
Read here for complete details of exam pattern Click Here
Preparation Tips for UKPSC Exam 2021
Following are the tips to strategize and prepare better for the UKPSC PCS examination:
- Analyse the previous year paper
It is critical to become familiar with the topics that are usually questioned in the exam. Rather than the traditional subject-by-subject approach, this is the smartest way to prepare for the exam (which is generally practised in the graduate examination). Candidates will be able to cover a few of the most important topics in this manner.
- Analyse the trend
It is crucial to go through the detailed UKPSC PCS exam pattern of all three stages of the examination. The awareness around the number of questions asked in different papers helps a candidate plan better and hence prepare better.
The UKPSC PCS Prelims syllabus consist of various sections.
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Uttrakhand
- Indian History Ancient & Medieval Period
- Modern Period
- Geography of World and India World Geography
- Geography of India
- Geography of Uttrakhand
- Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Uttrakhand Economy
- Science & Technology
- Analytical Reasoning. Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
- Familiarisation with the syllabus
You should know your syllabus in mind and plan you study according to that.
- Time scheduling
By this, we mean that never make a rigid time table with many stringent aspects of covering subtopics within a particular time frame of minutes. Instead, focus on finishing the topics scheduled for the days as per your understanding so that you do not regret wasting time on a superficial understanding of core topics. Be flexible yet goal-oriented.
- Make a time table in such a manner that 2-3 revisions are ensured.
- If available, do attempt sectional tests; do not merely keep covering the syllabus.
This not only helps develop a perspective around a specific topic, but one gets to know in how many different ways the question can be framed and asked in the examination.
- Keep Sunday reserve for tests.
Develop a habit of reading, studying, and memorising the theoretical aspects but do not forget to retain them in long term memory. Remember, the RPSC examination is a year-long cycle and candidates need to recall and express the learning after 12 months sometimes. And Given the times of uncertainly, the period might extend, so revising through attempting the tests on Sundays is advisable.
- Learn by note-making
Keeping notes and revising through the notes helps revise better. It is always easy and handy to revise from the self-made notes. It helps retain and recall better, and in the examination gives an edge.
Use These Smart Tips Too
- In the UKPSC PCS Exam Exam, many questions come from current affairs so read any standard newspaper on a daily basis. Click Here for Read Here
- The questions asked in the UKPSC PCS Exam exam are up to a senior secondary level so you must go through NCERT too. For More Click Here
- Practice! Practice! Practice! UKPSC PCS Exam Mock Test and Previous year papers are some of the best ways to check your understanding. Click Here
- Set an adequate time and solve UKPSC PCS Exam Previous year's papers and mocks on weekly basis.
- Keep a positive attitude about the UKPSC PCS Exam exam. Do not feel low or overconfident, just keep a positive attitude.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle: Sleep at least 7-8 hours and do eat healthy food & daily exercise.
Note: Committing mistakes in the actual examination might cost the attempt, and the effort of all these many months can be wasted so keep testing yourself
Wish you all the best!
More from us