The following points will be covered in today's analysis:
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- Good attempts.
- Topic-wise questions
- A detailed review of the overall paper.
NTA UGC NET Shifts Details 1st December 2021
Check the shifts of UGC NET Exam 2021 for 01st December 2021.
Timings (3 Hours for both Paper 1 and 2)
Shift 1 (Morning)
09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon (IST)
Shift 2 (Evening)
03.00 PM to 06.00 PM (IST)
UGC NET COVID Instructions at Exam Center by NTA
- Wearing a mask/face shield and social distance is mandatory for all candidates.
- Items permitted by the Examination Center Admit card and self-declaration form, Valid ID, transparent ballpoint pen. Additional photos, personal hand sanitiser; clear water bottle.
- Candidates could not enter without the COVID self-assessment on the signed and enclosed admission card.
- Applicants were expected to pre-fill the details of the admission card, including the thumbprint, from home.
UGC NET English Literature Exam Shift 1 & 2 Important Highlights: 1st December 2021
- Paper 2: The level of the exam was moderate for a majority of students for the First Shift and some students in the Second Shift found a few questions slightly hard.
- A total of 3 hours were given in which the student can attempt any section anytime.
UGC NET English Literature 2021: Pattern of the Exam
Number of Questions
3 hours(no break)
UGC NET English Literature Exam Analysis 2021: Good Attempts - 53 to 60 Questions
UGC NET English Literature Exam Analysis 2021 Key Points:
- For an elaborate look at the questions that came during the paper, one can even watch our analysis on the Byjus Exam Prep YouTube platform.
- Overall all the students seemed joyous about the paper and in unison agreed that everything was from the syllabus and based on a pattern they had encountered in the previous year papers and during our live mock net sessions.
- There were questions on canonical writers and texts for instance Function of Criticism by TS Eliot, passages from the plays of Shakespeare. Questions on Indian writers and English in India included a wide spectrum like a question on Braj Kachru, Wood’s Despatch, English, August.
- Works on writers like Gustave Flaubert and Ewan McEwan were asked and McEwan’s question was discussed in the live mock NET question on 30th November. There was a question from the MLA handbook. There was a range of interesting questions like the origin of the word Potato (which comes from the 16th-century Spanish word), Noam Chomsky’s borrowings from Mathematics to define Grammar was also asked. A plethora of passage-based questions, match the following, assertion and reason-based questions were also encountered by students.
- There were writers like Panchkouree Khan, Kamala Sathianadhan who were a part of the chronology and match the following questions. The passages in the first shift came from works like Harold Bloom’s Use of Poetry, GM Hopkins, No Worst, there is none.
|Related Important Links|
|NTA UGC NET 2021 - 2022||UGC NET Exam Analysis 2021|
|UGC NET Question Papers|
All the best, If you remember any questions from the exam, do share them in the comments section with us.
BYJU'S Exam Prep!
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.