As we all know, Teaching jobs are nowadays considered one of the most in-demand jobs in India due to many reasons like salary, allowances, promotions, and good social status. Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for UGC NET Exam, but only hundreds of them are able to clear it. With this data, you can understand the difficulty level of the exam.
Clearing the NET exam does not depend on the coaching that you join or the number of months that you give in preparation. It solemnly depends on your hard work and dedication to preparations. For cracking the NET exam one should be well aware of the fact that which questions to attempt and which questions to leave. You must develop the ability to judge questions i.e. whether you will be able to solve them or not, otherwise, you will end up wasting your precious time.
UGC NET EXAM 2022 Exam Guidelines
One must consider the UGC NET important guidelines shared by faculties and students before appearing for the exam. All these guidelines are based on the experience and feedback of students.
Important Instructions For The Candidates
- As a precaution for COVID-19, the candidate must reach the Centre at the time as indicated against Reporting/Entry time at the Centre, on the UGC NET Admit Card.
- No candidate shall be permitted to enter after the Gate Closing Time.
- No candidate shall be permitted to leave the Examination Room/ Hall before the end of the examination.
- Upon completion of the examination, please wait for instructions from Invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised. The candidates will be permitted to move out, one at a time only.
- All candidates are required to download and read carefully, the Instructions and Advisory for COVID-19 given with the Admit Card and strictly adhere to them.
- This Admit Card consists of three pages- Page 1 contains the Centre details and Self Declaration (Undertaking) form regarding COVID-19, Page 2 has “ Important instruction for candidates" and Page 3 has “ Advisory for candidates regarding COVID-19 ”. The candidate has to download all three pages.
- The Admit Card is provisional, subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions as given in the Prospectus/Information Bulletin.
- Candidates are advised to verify the location of the test venue, a day in advance so that they do not face any problems on the day of the test. If religion/customs require you to wear specific attire, please visit the Centre early for thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
- No Candidate would be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without Admit Card and undertaking, Valid ID Proof, and proper frisking. Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD), will be carried out without physical touch.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry only the following items with them into the examination venue:
- Personal transparent water bottle,
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- A simple transparent Ball Point Pen
- Admit Card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled
- Additional passport size photograph for pasting on the Attendance Sheet
- Original valid ID proof
- Before reaching the Centre the candidates must enter the required details in the Self Declaration (Undertaking) in legible handwriting, paste the Photograph and put a thumb impression at the appropriate place on the Admit Card. They should ensure that their Left-Hand Thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
- Candidate must carry “Any one of the original and valid Photo Identification Proof issued by the Government" — PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ E-Aadhaar/ Ration Card/ Aadhaar Enrolment No. with Photo. All other ID/Photocopies of IDs even if attested/scanned photo of IDs in the mobile phone will NOT be considered as valid ID Proof.
- The candidate must bring a PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority if claiming relaxation under the PwD category. The scribe must also carry his/ her own Self Declaration(Undertaking) regarding educational qualification, etc., passport size photograph, valid government identity, and self-declaration (Undertaking) regarding COVID-19 (as per the given format).
- Candidates are NOT allowed to carry any other personal belongings including electronic devices, or mobile phones to the Examination Centre. Examination Officials will not be responsible for the safekeeping of personal belongings and there will be no facility.
- Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are NOT permitted.
- Blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination Hall/Room. Candidates must write their name and Roll Number at the top of each of the sheet(s) and must drop the sheet/s in the designated drop box without fail, before leaving the Examination Hall/Room. Failure to do so may result in a non-evaluation of your answers.
- Duly filled in Admit Card must be dropped in the designated drop box while leaving the examination Hall/Room. Failure to do so may result in the non- evaluation of your answers.
- No candidate should adopt any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices. All the Examination Centres are under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammers.
Do's of UGC NET Exam 2022
- Devoting Time
Spend at least 2-3 hours on a daily basis for the exam. Give equal time to all the subjects as each subject holds its own importance so cover and practice all the topics. You can increase or decrease the time according to your level of understanding of different subjects.
- Go through the previous year's paper
This is the best way to get aware of the pattern of your exam. Solve all the UGC NET previous year's questions, know your weak areas and work on them accordingly. This will help you in analyzing the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Attempt one Mock each day
Practice is the key to success. Practice as many UGC NET Mock Tests as you can. Doing this will keep you in sync with tackling the exam on a regular basis and you will be in habit of giving exams. This will help you a great deal.
- Make your own targets and achieve it
Make small-small targets like daily topics to be covered etc. and try to complete it within the stipulated time. This will ensure consistency in your studies which is the key.
Do not worry too much before exams. Prepare well and be confident.
- Refer books wisely
While studying for long hours, do not forget to take breaks at regular intervals. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. You can easily take exam pressure if you are mentally and physically fit.
Don'ts of UGC NET Exam 2022
- Don't Panic:
Both before and during exams try to be cool and relax. Be confident and attempt the paper with full concentration. For this build, a habit of giving full-length mocks daily.
- Do not mug up things:
Have a good understanding of all the concepts, and avoid cramming up things.
- Do not stick to one question:
While attempting a paper, do not give much time to any question and move on to other questions, even if it is your strongest topic just move to other questions. There is a possibility that you may find easy questions at the end of the paper.
- Picking the wrong question:
Be attentive and wise enough while attempting paper. Attempt only those questions in which you are very much confident and save your precious time.
- Studying Un-Important things:
With the increasing use of technology, studying online has become a trend now. But it is seen that students watch anything and everything available on the internet for their exams. This should be avoided. Watch only relevant tutorials and that too from reputed coaching centers.
Keep a note of all the above things & prepare for your exams wisely.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!