The University Grants Commission issued an important notice to notify qualified candidates who meet the National Eligibility Test, NET. UGC mentions candidates who have passed the UGC NET exam in December 2018 or June 2019 or candidates who have obtained JRF qualifications under the UGC program but failed to complete their master's program due to the COVID19 pandemic, will be given an extension.
UGC NET is held twice a year. Due to the pandemic, the December cycle of UGC NET 2020 has been postponed and was scheduled between May 2, 2021, and May 17, 2021. As of now, the timetable for the UGC NET 2021 exam has not been announced. It will be released on the official website.
UGC NET Master's Extension Date
Candidates who qualified December 18 UGC NET & Joint CSIR UGC Test
June 30, 2022
Candidates who qualified June 2019 UGC NET & Joint CSIR UGC Test
December 31, 2022
UGC Extends Period for Completion of Master’s Degree for December 2018 & June 2019 Session:
- The notice issued by UGC stated that, however, if these candidates are eligible to as Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellowships, JRF, their admission will be considered provisional. It will be finalized only after candidates pass their master's degree.
- In addition, candidates who are still studying for a master's degree or any other equivalent course can still apply for UGC NET 2021. Candidates who have already taken the master's exam and whose results are delayed can also take the exam.
- Likewise, candidates who have been qualified for the assistant professor or lecturer position but are unable to complete their master's program due to ongoing pandemic and any other unavoidable circumstances will be provided with the extension.
- UGC mentioned that taking into account the interests of the candidates, it has decided to extend the final date of the National Eligibility Test for CSIR- NET and UGC NET. You can read the official notification below.
Interested candidates appearing for UGC NET 2021 need to fulfil the eligibility criteria which are mentioned below:
- Master’s degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks.
- 5% relaxation will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates appearing for the final year exam of Post graduation in the year 2021 can also apply.
- Candidates are required to seem for the subject of their qualifying exam only. Candidates, whose qualifying exam subject remains uncovered within the subject list mentioned by UGC, are required to seem during a related subject only.
UGC NET Age Criteria
- The minimum eligible age limit by the exam authorities has been set to 28 years for the general category.
- A relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates from reserved categories.
- No maximum regulation is prescribed for Lectureship or Asst. Professorship.
- For Junior Research Fellowship; the maximum age limit will be 30 years as of 1st January 2021.
- The LLM Degree holder gets a relaxation of three years. For professors, there are not any age limits prescribed.
Note: For third gender (transgender) candidates, relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET is at par with SC/ST and other categories.
Hope you understood everything regarding the notification.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Sahi prep hai to life set hai!