Answer: 4. All of the above
Traffic surveys are carried out to know the type of traffic, the facilities for traffic regulations, and to design a proper drainage system.
The goal of traffic surveys is to collect data that correctly reflects the region's actual traffic situation. Traffic surveys are carried out for the following objectives -
- To determine the traffic characteristics (type of traffic)
- To determine the facilities required for traffic control for efficient traffic movement.
- To design a proper drainage system as improper drainage can affect traffic flow.
- To decide on geometrical design features of the road.
Different types of traffic surveys are -
- Traffic volume study
- Speed studies
- Origin and destination study
- Traffic flow characteristics studies
- Traffic capacity studies
- Parking studies
- Accident studies
☛ Related Questions:
Commentswrite a comment