Tips to Prepare Geography for NDA Exam
- The basic requirement for NDA is knowing what to study as the syllabus is pretty extensive and try to avoid unnecessary burden by studying from many different sources.
- The questions asked in geography section of NDA exam are mostly based on the syllabus from NCERT Class 6th to 12th. So, get your hands on your NCERT books. After completing the NCERT's, you can use other books like Lucent’s General Knowledge for geography of NDA exam.
- The most common mistake committed by aspirants is they read unnecessary syllabus. The NDA exam usually test the overall knowledge of a candidate and do not go in-depth for a particular topic. Stick to simple and straightforward facts and avoid wasting on memorizing everything.
- To master map related questions go for a good atlas. While reading about state boundaries, land masses, oceans, mountains, etc. have an atlas beside you and keep locating the place that you are reading about in NCERTs or classes.
- In the following table we are sharing some important topics of geography that you have to prepare for NDA exam.
Important Topics of Geography for NDA Exam
- Notes on Himalayas & Northern Plains
- Notes on Peninsular Plateau & Coastal Plains
- Notes on River System
- Soils in India
- Types of crops in India
- Important Lakes in India
- Indian Weather & Climate Conditions
- Different types of forest in India
- Earth: Crust, Mantle & Core
- Notes on Ocean Currents, Volcanoes, Border Between Countries
- Important mountain Ranges, Peaks & Rivers
Important Geography Questions for NDA Exam
1. Stalactite, Stalagmite, and Pillars are the depositional landforms of
A. running water.
D. underground water.
2. A deep valley characterized by a step-like slope is known as
A. U-shaped Valley
B. Blind Valley
3. Which one of the following is a major plate?
A. Pacific Plate
B. Cocos Plate
C. Arabian Plate
D. Philippine Plate
4. Lithosphere consists of
A. upper and lower Mantle
B. Crust and Core
C. Crust and uppermost solid Mantle
D. Mantle and Core
5. Betel leaf of which one of the following States has been accorded a GI tag recently?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
6. Which one of the following is a Rabi crop in the Northern States of India?
7. The rivers of North-West Europe are good examples of
A. parallel pattern of drainage.
B. radial pattern of drainage.
C. barbed pattern of drainage.
D. trellis pattern of drainage.
8. Which one of the following ocean currents is a cold current?
A. South Atlantic Drift
B. Mozambique Current
C. East Australian Current
D. Caribbean Current
9. Which one of the following land territories of Indonesia is not touched by the Equator?
10. Which one of the following sedimentary rocks are organically formed?
11. According to the Koppen climatic classification, the letter code Cfa denotes
A. Tropical wet climate.
B. Humid subtropical climate.
C. Tundra climate.
D. Tropical wet and dry climate.
12. The normal lapse rate to temperature Earth's atmosphere drops to 0 degrees C at the
A. upper part of ionosphere.
B. upper boundary of the tropopause.
C. lower part of mesosphere.
D. upper boundary of stratopause.
13. Which of the following statements about Ring of Fire is/are correct?
1) It is a zone of convergence plate boundaries
2) It is an active seismic and volcanic zone
3) It is associated with deep trench
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 1 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
14. Which one of the following Himalayan vegetation species is found between the altitudes of 1800 to 2600 meters?
15. Which one of the following rivers is NOT a tributary of river Cauvery?
16.Which one of the following is a local wind that blows out from Siberia?
17. Which of the following are essential prerequisites for the establishment of a thermal power station?
1) Availability of fossil fuels
2) Proximity to a river, lake or sea
3) Good transport network
4) Proximity to an urban centre
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A. 1, 2 and 3
B. 2 and 4
C. 2 and 3 only
D. 1 and 3 only
18. Consider the following statements regarding the types of
1) Convectional Rainfall is usually associated with hail and graupel.
2) Cyclonic Rainfall remains for a few hours to a few days.
3) Cyclonic Rainfall generally takes place in the equatorial regions and
internal parts of the continents, predominantly in the northern
Which among the following above statements is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 1 and 3 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
19. Consider the following statements about Roaring Forties :
1) They are strong westerly winds found in the oceans of Southern
2) The strong east to west air currents is caused by the combination of air
being displaced from the equator towards the South Pole and the earth’s
rotation and abundance of landmasses to serve as windbreaks.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
20. Consider the following discontinuities inside the earth surface
1) Repetti discontinuity
2) Gutenburg discontinuity
3) Conrad discontinuity
4) Lehmann discontinuity
Arrange the given discontinuities vertically from top to bottom inside the
earth surface and choose the correct answer from the code given below -
Answers to the questions are covered under the PDF. So download this PDF and boost your preparation.
Download Geography Questions PDF for NDA 2022
Question Set (English)
Question Set (Hindi)
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App