GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
First of all, let us Check all Information about GATE 2022and exam pattern -
Computer Based Test (Online)
Number of Papers in GATE 2022
Type of Questions
Design of Questions
The questions are designed to test the listed abilities
Number of Questions
65 Questions (including 10 questions from General Aptitude)
Distribution of Questions in all Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL
Engineering Mathematics - 13 Marks
Subject Questions - 72 Marks
General Aptitude - 15 Marks
Distribution of Questions in XH and XL, AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH
Questions from Subject Concerned - 85 Marks
General Aptitude - 15 Marks
All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks
Two types of MCQs:
To crack the GATE exam with a good rank requires a complete set of pre-requisites like proper study material, short notes, good test series & a proper time table which are discussed as follows -
Proper Study Material
- Gather the necessary resources, such as GATE coaching reference books, practise books and GATE Question papers.
- Don't waste time seeking the greatest material; all materials have the same principles and preparing from all sources wastes a lot of time and work.
- You should only acquire a few genuine good books and read them again and over. Only reference books are required for thorough comprehension.
- As time is limited, notes from coaching institutes will be more useful because they are concise and deal with the GATE exam pattern.
- Make a practice of taking GATE 2022 short notes at the time of your preparation; as soon as you cover a topic, take notes on it, and attempt to keep notes on all subjects in a single notebook.
- In that section, you must write essential equations, techniques for problem-solving, and important theories and definitions in short.
After finishing a topic:
- Take practise tests.
- Learn how to use the calculator and time management.
- Beginning in December, begin taking full-syllabus examinations regularly.
- The most important thing ranks are less essential than test analysis. The easiest method to examine the mock is to re-answer the questions you got wrong or didn't attempt.
- Find out what foolish mistakes you're doing and rework the notions that aren't working.
- Gradually, the scores will rise. Give in the time frame of your real GATE 2022 test series; this will help you train your thoughts to be most engaged at that period.
- Making a schedule is an essential aspect of preparing for the GATE test. It makes no difference when you study, and it doesn't matter if it's early in the morning or late at night.
- But what is important is that you follow a regular schedule when studying, i.e. set aside time for theory, questions, and revision all on the same day but at defined intervals.
- It's extremely difficult to achieve good marks in the Gate if you don't consistently revise what you've read. So, revise daily and weekly, and set aside some time to put what you've learned into practice.
- Distractions such as cell phones, social media, and family issues are all a part of our life. Try to keep them as low as possible.
How should I Prepare for the GATE 2022 to Get a Good Rank?
A. You should have a good AIM to Crack exam
- The applicant should be clear about the reason to achieve their goal.
- Once the goal is known and determined, the path to success becomes quite more comfortable.
B. Stick to Study plans & track them
- Every GATE applicant has a study plan while preparing, but only a few remain adhered to the study plan until the very last moment. And only those applicants make it to the top ranker's list.
- So it is recommended to all the candidates to prepare precise plans for 15 days and follow them. After 15 days, assess yourself, whether you completed your target or not and wherever you are lacking.
C. Rankers Attitude
- The top rank achieved by any applicant is proportional to the amount of course covered by the applicant during preparation.
- If you aim for under 100 ranks in GATE Exam, you need to prepare most of the syllabus.
- You cannot allow leaving any topic or subject due to high uncertainty in the GATE exam, where even 1 mark can cost you rank more than a dozen. So perfect every Topic.
D. Previous Year Papers
- Previous year papers are the most significant section in GATE preparations.
- If a candidate solves the last 10 years Previous Year papers sincerely, the past trends of the exam and the pattern of the exam will be clear for the candidate.
- Also, you may get an idea about the expected type of questions to be asked in the GATE exam.
Online Classroom Program
Accelerate your GATE 2022 preparations with BYJU's Exam Prep Online Classroom Program and get unlimited access to all structured live courses and mock tests:
Other Important Links:
Install BYJU'S Exam Prep App to prepare GATE Exam with daily tests, study notes, study plans, share your knowledge, discuss your doubts, and know your performance, among other GATE aspirants to crack the GATE Examination.
"There are no secrets to success. It results from preparation, hard work and learning from failure."
All The Best !!