If prepared smartly, scoring 70+ marks in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam is not very difficult. The ballyhoo around scoring decent marks to get through the cut-off is not too justified. All you need to do is work on those areas where you fail or aren't in the best shape.
Important Tips to Score 70+ Marks in IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2022
To know the mantra to score 70+ in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2021, let us first look at the various sections and the weight that each of them carries in the examination.
The IBPS RRB Office Assistant preliminary exam consists of a reasoning paper and a numerical ability paper of 40 questions each.
You need to solve this exam within a time duration of 45 minutes. We have already shared the exam pattern & syllabus of the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam. Go through it for more details.
It is noteworthy that 40 questions will be asked in each subject and you will have to attempt them in 45 minutes.
This means you have less than a minute to attempt a particular question. So, plan your strategy in a way that you will be able to attempt at least 35+ questions in each subject.
Let us now discuss the tricks and tips that will help you score good marks in the exam.
1. Plan your exam strategy beforehand
- To score high, aim at the easy questions first and then move on to the more difficult ones.
- The last year's quant section was easy and doable and had 25 questions. This year, however, you need to score at least 30 marks in this section itself.
- In the Reasoning section last year a total of 33 questions would have helped you get across the cut-off. This year, keeping in mind the changing pattern, one must eye to get at least 35 questions correct.
- Do not waste your time if at all you get stuck, move on to the other question. remember, the clock is ticking.
- Try attempting all the questions with 100% accuracy.
2. IBPS RRB Examination Time Management
- Candidates ought to comprehend how to manage their time while IBPS RRB office assistant exam preparation. You can take a look at IBPS RRB cut-off officer scale 1 and get an idea of how to span out your time in the exam.
- The candidate should manage time properly, both during and before the exam.
- The timing to attempt both the section is 45 minutes and hence time management must be aptly done.
- Make sure that you practice mock tests/quizzes within this time frame during your preparation too.
3. Concept clearance
- The pattern for the bank exams has been varying for the past 2 years. Hence, just mugging up the formulas would not take you anywhere.
- You need to be very clear with the basic concepts of different topics if you wish to get past the cut-off.
- Ensure that you utilize this time to clear out all your doubts (if any) from different topics of the sections asked in the exam.
4. IBPS RRB Online Mock Test
- The mock test serves as a pre-test, more like a rehearsal once the entire course of study has been covered by the candidate.
- Mock tests tell the candidates the amount of preparation they need and permit them to gauge their stand once they are done with the IBPS RRB examination.
- It is the most effective tool which may facilitate the candidate to attain 70+ marks and conjointly provide a chance to induce consciousness of the online test.
- IBPS RRB examination Mock tests enable students to manage time efficiently, help them identify section which needs more of their time and energy, where do you need to improve their accuracy, etc.
5. Section Wise Strategy
a. Numerical Ability: Following topics are expected in this section:
- Number series - Try to attempt at least 3-4 questions from this. Don't waste much time on it. Give it a single try, otherwise, skip it.
- Simplification/Approximation - Here, your calculation speed matters a lot. The more you practice, the more you excel. Revise all the tricks of Simplification as well as Approximation. Do not be overconfident or nervous.
- D.I. - Revise the basic concept of Profit-Loss, Average, and Ratio. Your calculations make you a star in DI.
- Miscellaneous/Arithmetic Topics - Try to attempt questions from the topics which are easy for you. This can include questions on ages, averages, percentage, profit, loss, etc.
- Quadratic Equation- This is an easy topic if you have practiced well. All that you need to do is find the relationship between the variables given.
You can practice Quizzes on different topics from the link given here:
Important Tips for Numerical Ability Section
A. Try to attempt 30+ questions in this subject and spend around 22 minutes only.
B. Don't make wild guesses. Be quick and accurate with your calculation.
C. Reasoning Ability - Following topics are expected in this section:
1. Syllogism- Direct questions are expected from this topic. There are hardly 5-6 cases of syllogism. Revise either-or case, possibility case, no A is B case, some A is not B case and at least/ never case thoroughly.
2. Inequality - Inequality is the easiest topic and should be attempted first by the candidate.
3. Alphanumeric series - They put questions into two types - In one they give a series of - Symbols, numbers, and alphabets. In the second they give a series of numbers or alphabets. Just understand the tone of the question and answer accordingly.
4. Sitting Arrangement & Puzzles – Questions on different types of arrangements like circular, linear, etc., and puzzles (floor-based, box-based, etc.) can be asked. Attempt them quickly by figuring out the information given in the question and connecting the dots thereby.
5. Coding-Decoding - The old pattern of coding-decoding is expected.
6. Miscellaneous – The questions include Blood relation, Ranking, Distance direction, Single Qs on Alphabets, Single Qs on Numbers, etc. The level of such questions will be very easy. So, try to attempt all the questions asked in the miscellaneous section.
|Sr. No.||Name of Topic|
|5||Order & Ranking|
|7||Puzzles and seating arrangement|
Important Tips for Reasoning Ability Section
- Try to attempt 30-35 questions on this subject and spend around 22-23 minutes only.
- Don't do guesswork. If stuck, move on to the next question without dwelling too much on it
- All you need to do is follow these pointers to score more than 70 marks in your IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam.
- Try incorporating these in your preparation and watch out for the result that you have been waiting for!
- Make sure that you attempt previous year's question papers of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I & Office Assistant (Memory based) to improve your exam prep!
|Important Related Links|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mock Test||IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Test|
|IBPS RRB Selection Process||IBPS RRB Cut Off|
|IBPS RRB Question Papers||IBPS RRB Exam Pattern|
|IBPS RRB Syllabus||IBPS RRB Salary|
If you are aiming to crack IBPS RRB 2022, then join the Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.