To help the aspirants with this, here are some important Physics preparation tips for the NDA exam. Before we begin with the tips to prepare the Physics section for this exam, let us look at a few points that the candidate should keep in mind about this section.
(a) The total number of questions that appear in the Physics section is 25 and the candidate can score a maximum of 100 marks in this section.
(b) Every correct answer would fetch 4 marks for the candidates, while 1.33 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
How to Prepare Physics for NDA Exam 2022?
It can be challenging to prepare for this subject as it requires a lot of in-depth study and practice. In order to prepare for the different topics for the NDA Physics section, the aspirants must follow the under-mentioned tips:
NDA Physics Preparation Tips: Know the Syllabus
The candidate should be well versed with the syllabus and contents of this section to avoid any misinterpretation or confusion. Given below are the NDA physics important topics that the candidate should prepare for:
Tips to Prepare for NDA Physics 2022
Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse, Law of conservation of linear momentum, Motion in 1D, 2D, and 3D, Projectile motion, Uniform circular motion
Mass and weight
Mass, Weight, Density
Introduction, Kinetic frictional force, Static frictional force
Force, Velocity, Momentum, and Work
Force, Work, Conservation and non-conservation forces, Parallelogram of forces, Velocity, Momentum
Pressure and volume
Pressure, Volume, Archimedes’ Principle
Energy and Power
Kinetic Energy, Potential Energy, Power, Law of conservation of energy
Newton’s law of gravitation, Acceleration due to gravity, Specific gravity, Gravitational potential, Kepler law of planetary motion
Natural and artificial magnets, Properties of magnets, Earth as a magnet
Heat and temperature
Heat capacity, Specific heat, Modes of transference of heat, Latent heat
Propagation of light, Human eye, Reflection and refraction, Rectilinear propagation of light, Lenses and mirrors
Simple electric circuits, Conductors and non-conductors, Current, Ohm’s law
Laws of thermodynamics, Isobaric process, Isochoric process, Adiabatic process, Isothermal process, Quasi-static process, Change of state
Music instruments, Pendulum, Hydrometer, Telescope, Microscope, Periscope, Thermos flask, Pressure cooker, Levers, Pulley
X-rays, Cells, Types of cells, Sound
Make NDA Physics Revision Notes
When you are preparing for an exam, it is very important to revise what you learn regularly. It is the only foolproof way to memorize things. Here, we have some tips to share regarding NDA Physics revision to help you memorize things better. Check out the tips given below:
- Candidates should jot down all formulae and definitions that can be referred to during last-minute revisions or for quick referencing.
- Candidates should make concise and to-the-point notes based on descending order of NDA physics chapter wise weightage 2022 for each topic so that important ones are revised first.
- Candidates must prioritize the topics as per their weightage and frequency of times the topic is asked in the NDA exam.
Solve Mock Tests and Previous Years’ Question Papers
After determining what the most important chapters for NDA Physics are and the chapter-wise weightage for the same, you might think that it is enough for your preparation. However, for excellent NDA Physics preparation, you must not neglect the following tips:
- The candidates should solve online NDA mock tests to decide how much time can be delegated to each type of question.
- Mock papers help the candidate identify his areas of strength and weakness.
- The candidate should also solve the NDA previous year question papers to get a gist of all the topics, their weightage, and their occurrence.
- In the case of NDA Physics, Ohm’s law, heat, and motion have maximum weightage, followed by topics such as light, mass, force, and momentum. Topics such as fluids, vectors, and sound are given less weightage. However, they should also be focused on in the end.
Memorize Basic and Important NDA Physics Formulae
As mentioned above, the candidate must make a list of important NDA Physics formulae for quick and easy reference. Some instances of basic formulae that will be useful are given below. The candidate should note that these formulae are not the only ones and other formulae need to be referred to.
NDA Physics Preparation Tips: Follow a Planned Approach
Preparation for any competitive exam is not only about continuous revision and memorisation. It also means having a planned approach to the time delegated, the topics covered, and the breaks are taken. Find the tips given below regarding NDA Physics preparation:
- The candidate should prepare a plan to ensure that too much time is not wasted on topics having less weightage.
- Taking timely breaks is equally important as they help in the retention of information, avoid mental exhaustion, and reduce strain.
- The candidate should ensure that they are following a strategy to prepare for the NDA exam.
Learn Time Management
One of the most important things to keep in mind while preparing for NDA Physics is time management. No matter how good you are at the subject, if you fail to manage your time efficiently during the exam, you might miss out on solving the answers that you know. Find some helpful tips given below related to time management:
- Time management is very important while solving MCQs. The total duration given to solve the general ability section is 2.5 hours.
- NDA Physics has the highest weightage after English. Now, the English section has 50 questions and will require more time to attempt.
- Hence, the candidate should not spend more than 15-20 minutes at the most solving the physics section. This means that the time given to every question will be less than a minute.
- The candidate should plan it out in such a way that he makes the most of the time delegated for this section.
- The candidate should not waste time on questions that he does not know the solution to, or, questions that are time-consuming.
- Instead, he should target the easy and less time-consuming questions first so that he can attempt the difficult ones at a later stage.
NDA Physics Reference Books
A lot of past candidates feel that NCERT books are enough as they cover all topics in a concise manner. However, a general list of books that the candidate can refer to for NDA Physics preparation is given in the table below:
Author / Publication
Mastering Numericals and Objectives of Physics for Class IX
McGraw Hill Publication
Chapter wise section wise solved papers NDA and NA (Mathematics / English / General Ability) with Explanatory Solutions
Concepts of Physics
H C Verma
Class VII Science
Class VIII Science
Class IX Science
Class X Science
Class XI Physics
☛ Download the schedule of Zero to Hero for NDA Physics 2022 by clicking here.
Tips on How to solve NDA Physics Questions
Solving numerical problems of Physics in the NDA exam isn’t as difficult as it seems. It’s actually an easy ride if you love the subject and focus on the understanding part rather than mugging up the standard types of problems. Here are 6 most important tips for you to follow to simplify the ways in which you attempt the numerical problems in Physics:
- Boost your math skills: The number one tip for NDA Physics preparation is to master the basic mathematical concepts such as – Trigonometry, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors, Basic properties of complex numbers and Graphs. All these are already included in the math section but trust me you will need these every now and then in every numerical problem.
- Practice as you read: Always divide the chapters into subtopics. Whenever you read any topic, understand the concept and think about the type of problems that can be framed from that topic. Practice this question framing process in your mind as it will prepare your brain to work on the application part of the concept and eventually very soon you will be able to identify the concept involved in the numerical just by reading the question.
- Practice more after you read: After covering up the most important chapters for NDA Physics conceptually, switch over to solve the numerical. Do not just stick only to your textbooks, choose multiple resources to practice more and more questions. Take the quizzes posted on BYJU'S Exam Prep on a regular basis.
- Self-Analysis: Make this your habit that after you solve numerically, analyze the steps of how you approached the problem. If you made a mistake, look for how it went wrong. If you did it correctly, pat your back and move ahead. While analyzing your approach, you will realize that there are certain mistakes that you make very often. Highlight those mistakes so that you can work on your mistake in the future. You can highlight it in the notebook itself or follow the next point.
- Your mistake’s diary: Maintain a separate diary in which you must note down the mistakes you did while solving any problem, be it any silly mistakes, or conceptual mistakes. And, at the end of the day, just go through this diary once. But follow this practice daily and surely, you will see the changes.
- X-factor Time: After you have learned the concepts of NDA Physics, and solved plenty of questions, then it is time to improve your problem-solving speed. Take timed tests and again analyze, how you proceeded with the problem. Think if you solved this problem in some other short method.