IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2021-22
It is of prime importance to be well aware of the latest exam pattern. Check below the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2021 -
|S. No.||Name of Test (Not by Sequence)||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each section|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3.||Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Test (English Language): Letter & Essay Writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
Important points :
- There is a sectional time limit in each section of IBPS PO Mains.
- For each wrong answer marked, 1/4 marks of the mark allotted to the question will be deducted.
- Right after the completion of the online objective test, an online descriptive test will start for the duration of 30 Minutes.
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our IBPS PO Online Coaching.
Expert Tips for IBPS PO Mains 2021-22
Following are the important tips to improve score in IBPS PO mains 2021-22 exam: -
- To have the skill of picking and solving the easy questions first is very important to score well in this section. Categorize the questions and topics in simple, medium, and tough categories.
- Reading the instructions very attentively is a must to fetch marks. Do not start solving the questions immediately without reading the instructions.
- Mock Tests are the best way to boost your preparation as well as to check your performance. IBPS PO Mock Tests will also help you in increasing your speed while solving the paper, along with smooth and easy movement across sections. While doing Mock tests, focus on clearing sectional cut-off and gaining high scores too.
Topic distribution of each section for IBPS PO Mains
It is very important to have an idea about the weightage of each topic in this exam. We are providing here the estimated number of questions from each topic under each section. By this you will get to know the importance of every topic section-wise in this exam:
How to Prepare General Awareness for IBPS PO Main?
This can prove to be the most scoring section if you prepare it in a proper way. Below we have shared the expected number of questions from different topics -
- Current Affairs - 15-20 questions
- Banking & finance awareness - 10-15 questions
- Static General Knowledge - 5-7 questions
The candidates must prepare the following mentioned topics to get an excellent score in IBPS PO Mains GA section -
1) Banking and Finance:
- Static topics of Banking, such as all banking rates and ratios, headquarters of Banks and Institutions, banking history, About functions of Reserve Bank of India, Nationalization, type of accounts, cheques, Capital market and money market, abbreviations of Banking terms, etc.
- Apart from this, you should learn very well the current insights of Banking and economy such as chiefs of various banks, mergers of banks, entry of new player in the banking sector, FDI limits, etc.
2) Government Schemes :
Understand, learn and well Revise all the schemes launched by the central Government. Focus mainly on important schemes and schemes related to Banking, economy, and insurance sector.
3) Current affairs :
You should be well aware of persons in news, sports events, awards, new books launched, authors of the books. Focus on summits of important organizations, deals, treaties, Defense-related, and important events held. Start writing and maintaining notes of Current affairs.
4) Static General Knowledge :
In the static GK portion, the questions mainly can be asked from the Geography of the country. Revise the headquarters of the important national and international organizations, Wildlife sanctuaries, Current Chief ministers and governors of Each state, Capital & Currencies of countries, Important days, Awards. Dams in India, Rivers and state/cities on the bank of the river, Indian Dances, Census, etc.
How many months of Current Affairs should I prepare?
This question comes to mind of most of the candidates. It is advisable to prepare current affairs of the last 6 months. Earlier current affairs of last 3-4 months were sufficient for bank exams, but now in the recent pattern of bank exams, it has been observed that questions from current affairs of last 6 months have been asked.
We have already released important tornados for IBPS PO Mains, you can download it from the link shared below -
Apart from it, make sure to go through important notes covering Banking Awareness, Current Awareness, and Static Awareness through the below links -
Do not forget to attempt important quizzes to keep a check on your preparation -
How to Prepare Data Interpretation & Analysis for IBPS PO Main?
This section consists of 35 Questions. The weightage of the marks is not equal for all questions. It will vary as per the level of the question. You need to have good calculation skills and speed in order to score well in this section as it involves lengthy calculations. Make sure you are covering all the important topics from a standard IBPS PO book. Following is the list of topics that you need to cover for this section:
Estimated number of questions
5 - 10
- From Data Interpretation, topics of Bar graph, Tabulation, Pie Chart, Line graph, Missing DI, Mixed DI, Paragraph DI(Caselets) are asked. Give priority to this topic while your preparation as this topic is expected to have a maximum number of questions in this section. Practice these questions as much as you can to increase your question-solving speed. These questions are in the paper to check your observation, analytical and fast calculation skills.
- For number series, solve different types of complex number series. There is some common type of number series patterns. You will be able to identify number series patterns in exams fastly if you solve a good number of questions.
- In the quadratic equation topic, you are required to find out factors and deduce the option accordingly.
- Miscellaneous questions include questions from topics: Average, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Problem-based on Ages, Mixture & Allegation, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Time & Work, Speed, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Boat and stream, Probability, Permutation, etc. Be well acquainted with the concepts of each of the topics. These topics are also included in data interpretation and data sufficiency topics, so make sure to clear concepts of each of these topics very well.
Expert tips for Data Analysis & Interpretation:
Following are the important tips to improve score in IBPS PO mains 2021-22 under Data Analysis & Interpretation section: -
- This section is all about clarity of basic concepts and fast question-solving ability. For this, it is very important to learn tables from 1-30, squares up to 50, and cubes up to 30.
- Percentage, ratio, and average are those topics that are included in most of the topics like data interpretation and miscellaneous questions. So, make sure to prepare very well the concepts of these questions.
- Avoid those questions which involve very lengthy calculations. Attempt those which are comparatively easy and take less time.
How to Prepare Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude for IBPS PO Main?
Reasoning ability is all about the presence of the mind. If your basic concepts are clear, then it can be the most scoring section for you this section. Following is the list of topics that you need to cover for this section :
Estimated number of questions
Miscellaneous (Blood Relation, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense)
Computer Aptitude (Number System based, flow chart based, coding puzzle-based)
- In the syllogism topic, First, clear your basics. There are four main cases in the syllogism, which are, All, No, Some, Some not. The general question, negative statement questions, and possible questions revolve around these 4 cases. Solving previous year's questions of syllogism will help you a lot in understanding each and every case of the topic. Always follow the Venn diagram strategy in the exam while solving questions of syllogism. Do practice the new type of syllogism questions, in which conclusions are given in the question and Statements are given in the answer.
- In Coding-decoding, First, clear the basics. Solve questions from previous year's papers. Good observation skill is required for coding-decoding questions. You are required to identify ‘what is the code for which word’.A completely new pattern of this topic has also been introduced in recent exams. Make sure you go through the questions of the new pattern as well. In a new pattern, identify the coding trick used in the word. After this, you will be able to identify the whole coding pattern of that question.
- Input-output is a very important but tricky topic in the IBPS PO exam. The reason is the increased level of complexity in this topic in the exam. In the exam, now Input-output topic is blended with coding-decoding. So first identify the codes and then arrange accordingly. Give this topic proper time while doing your preparation, because it can give you 5-6 marks in the exam.
- Blood Relations, Directions, Order & Ranking are the easy topics from which you can score good marks in the exam. Learn and understand the basics of these topics. Practice enough questions so that acquainted with all the tricks included in these topics. Blood relations and direction sense are sometimes asked in coded form in the exam. Practice these questions very well so that you can solve them in the exam in less time.
- Logical Reasoning: The topics under logical reasoning are statement & Assumption, Statement & Argument, Conclusion from the paragraph, the course of action, and inferences. Understand and learn the concepts of each and every topic to prepare well in this section. Solve questions of the previous year to see where you are doing wrong.
- Puzzles and seating arrangement are the topics that require constant practice. The more different types of and complex Puzzles/seating arrangements you will solve, the more speed and accuracy you will get while solving these questions in the exam.
- Questions of Computer Aptitude will be logical and mostly flowchart or diagram-based. Read the instructions properly and solve the question step by step.
Expert tips for Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude section:
Following are the important tips to improve score in IBPS PO mains 2021-22 exam under reasoning ability and computer apitude section: -
- Clear your basic concepts of every topic and daily attempt questions of the similar pattern which are being asked in this examination.
- It is advisable to not attempt puzzles and seating arrangements while starting this section, because you may stick to one puzzle or seating arrangement and this will lead to a lack of time for other questions. Also, it is not sure that you will get an answer to puzzles/seating arrangements even after spending 10-15 minutes in for puzzles or seating arrangements.
- Read instructions before every question very carefully. Especially in questions of syllogism, puzzles, and seating arrangement.
How to Prepare the English Language for IBPS PO Main?
English section is all about good English reading habits and sound knowledge of English grammar rules and vocabulary. Following is the list of topics for the English section of IBPS PO Mains :
Estimated number of questions
Spotting error/sentence correction/sentence improvement
Apart from these important topics, there is a good possibility of questions from the following topics in the IBPS PO Mains Exam :
- Para Summary
- Para Completion
- Meaning usage
So, it is advisable to be familiar with these topics from the sources available.
Expert Tips for English:
Following are the important tips to improve score in IBPS PO mains 2021-22 exam under English section: -
- To boost your score in the English Section, keep in mind the following mentioned points:
- Make a habit of reading English Newspapers and English articles daily. It will help you in every part of this section.
- Learn the error spotting rules of all topics like tenses, articles, prepositions, conjunction, etc. This will help you in topics of error spotting, cloze test, sentence improvement, fill in the blanks topics during the exam.
- Reading comprehension consists of 10 questions. First, read the comprehension at a glance and get an idea about the passage. Then solve it by reading questions and passages simultaneously. First attempt vocabulary part (Antonyms/Synonyms) in RC. Then attempt the remaining questions in which you are confident about the answer.
- Be familiar with the new type of questions that are being asked in exams currently.
- We hope these tips will definitely help you in sailing through this exam with a very good score.
Descriptive Section Tips for IBPS PO Main
The descriptive test consists of 2 topics, which are Essay and Letter writing. The candidates are required to choose one option of their choice from each topic and write properly about the topic.
- It has been seen that students do not give much attention to the preparation of descriptive tests which leads to fewer scores in this test.
- You must give proper time for the preparation of this section to score the maximum.
- Improve your typing speed and writing skills by writing online (MS Word etc) on a regular basis.
A composite time of 30 minutes will be given to complete all two questions. The descriptive test is for a total of 25 marks.
Essay: The word limit for the essay writing will be given in the question. For writing a good essay, you should introduce the given topic in the first paragraph. Give background of the topic and why it is a noticeable issue/topic in this paragraph. In the second paragraph, Write in detail about the issue. You should include your thoughts in the second paragraph and try to elaborate your thoughts about the topic with perfect examples. In the third and the concluding paragraph, summarize and conclude the issue/topic. Write about 'Why it is important to focus on this issue. Do not make grammatical errors.
Letter: Word limit will be provided in the question. Two types of letters can be asked in the exam which are formal and informal. Informal letters are written to family and friends while formal letters are used to address some official, bank manager, etc.
Expert Tips For IBPS PO Mains Exam
Following are the important tips to improve score in IBPS PO mains 2021-22 exam: -
- Thumb Rule: Practice is the key to get success in competitive examinations. Daily practice your weak, as well as your strong sections, Practice more questions of different types to excel in speed as well as inaccuracy. Know IBPS PO cut-off to make a proper strategy.
- Speed and Accuracy: The two most important tools to get success in the exam are good speed and utmost accuracy. You can build your speed by practicing more and more questions. Do not pick easy questions while preparation. Pick complex questions and challenge yourself. But during the exam, Always try to attempt those questions in which you are sure of your answers to prevent any negative marking.
- Time Management: During the exam preparation and also during the exam, focus on the amount of time you take for a particular question. Do not spend too much of your time on any question, instead move on to the next question. And leave that question for the time left with you.
- Make Notes: Develop a habit of making notes. Whenever you go through any important formula or question or trick, note it down. These notes will help you very much before exams. Also, clear your doubts as and when they arise. Don't leave it for tomorrow.
- Go through the IBPS PO previous year's question paper.
If you are aiming to crack the IBPS PO Main exam, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.