SSB Interview Language
It is a well-known fact that the way one communicates with testing officers and fellow candidates during SSB reflects their intellect and the power of expression. Good communication skills give candidates an upper edge in the interview.
A lot of aspirants are exceptionally good and skilled but due to very poor communication, they are not able to convey their ideas. Thus, to help you sort this situation, we have shared the some important tips to prepare for SSB Interview here.
Importance of English in SSB and further Defence Career
English communication is not only important SSB or Defence only but also plays important role in other sectors of work.
- All the verbal and written tests in SSB are conducted in the English medium. One must have good spoken English in order to do well in the interview.
- An Officer is expected to be well versed in English so that he/she could instruct their troops well and report to seniors.
- A good leader must have a gift of gab and officers are leaders, Sam Manekshaw Sir is a brilliant example.
- Power of efficient expression is an OLQ that is expected from an officer and English plays a very important role to do so.
- English is considered a global language so good knowledge can help in foreign missions & bilateral exercises with other nations.
Why Most the Students Struggle with English Communication?
One primary reason is that we are inclined towards our native languages and don’t focus on the basics of SSB Interview Language.
- Another one is, it is very common that students who speak English are often discouraged or mocked by their friends.
- Those born and brought up in families and surroundings where English is less spoken also suffer from fluency.
- Due to default brain settings, many of them think of their ideas in their native language and then translate them to English, and hence get stuck.
- Lack of knowledge of the importance of English in a professional career at early stages is also a reason.
Tips to Prepare English for SSB Interview
We can divide the whole learning process of SSB Interview Language into the following parts:
Part 1: Reading
- Start reading the newspaper or some novels to develop interest.
- Whenever find a new word, underline, note, and learn where to use it.
- Use those words in writing or while speaking. Invest at least 30 min. Everyday.
Part 2: Writing
- Start writing in the English language as writing helps to recall it in the future.
- You can also frame the answers to some common questions asked in the interview as well it will definitely help in the future.
- Writing down ideas helps in finding grammatical errors.
- Try writing down your views on the latest social topics. That will serve the purpose of improving language and adds to your knowledge.
Part 3: Listening
- Listening will help us to improve pronunciation.
- Speaking with proper phonetics creates a good impression on the listener.
- Listening also teaches proper usage of words.
- Listen to great speakers, watch English documentaries, English songs, movies, etc.
Part 4: Speaking
- Speaking is the combined result of all the above efforts.
- What we read, write, or listen to is reflected by what we speak.
- Speaking practice makes us comfortable and enhances our fluency.
- Speaking skills can be improved by narrating a topic, PPDT story, or lecture topics.
- Develop a group of friends with whom you can talk in English only.
- Don’t bother about people who mock you for speaking wrong English, rather improve your skills every day.
Commentswrite a comment