Important Tips to Crack for IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Prelims 2022
We hope you all have had a thorough look at the IBPS RRB exam pattern, detailed IBPS RRB PO syllabus as well as the previous year's cutoff IBPS RRB PO and Clerk exam by now. This is essential because unless you have a fair idea of the structure of the overall exam and how many questions you should attempt to clear it, you won’t be able to prepare efficiently.
IBPS RRB Exams would comprise just 2 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude, and
- Reasoning Ability,
Note: Both the section is 40 marks and there are 1/4th negative marks for every wrong answer.
Since there won’t be any test of English Language in this exam, qualifying for it would be comparatively easy for many of the students, resulting in a huge competition. So, you need to gear up for this exam right away and prepare rigorously.
1.0 Important Tips to Prepare Reasoning Ability:
Here we have shared the needed IBPS RRB Reasoning preparation tips for the candidates who have started off the preparation. This IBPS RRB preparation strategy will guide you toward the right methodology for the study.
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement:
- Most of the questions in this section (10-15) will be asked from the Seating Arrangement and Puzzles segment. So, have a thorough practice of this topic if you wish to improve your exam score. You cannot afford to completely ignore this topic.
- Questions from Inequality are often easy to attempt and there’s a high probability that you’ll come across 5 questions on this topic. So, practice this topic as much as you can, so that you take up less time while solving these questions.
- The possibility of a new pattern-based Syllogism question is less in the prelims phase, however, make sure that you are very clear with the approach to solving these questions as well.
- Blood relations:
- It is probably one of the easiest topics in the reasoning section and can easily fetch you 3-4 marks if prepared well. Try to practice direct as well as coded questions on this topic.
- Miscellaneous topics:
- You can expect questions from Alphanumeric series, direction sense, and coding-decoding as well. These topics again are high scoring. You just need to ensure that you finish them off first in the minimum time frame.
Click Here to attempt the Reasoning Ability Quiz
2.0 Tips to Ace the Quantitative Aptitude Section:
Here are some IBPS RRB quantitative preparation tips for acing up the studies.
- Data Interpretation:
- DI carries maximum weight in the Quantitative Aptitude section. You can easily expect 10-15 questions on this topic. So, make sure that you practice at least 5-7 questions DI regularly.
- Simplification / Approximation:
- This is one of the most scored topics in quantitative aptitude. These topics can be easily mastered with thorough practice.
- Number Series:
- Practice Number Series on a regular basis because you can never perfect this topic in a week or two. The only way you’ll be able to recognize number patterns easily is when you practice questions on this topic daily.
- Quadratic Equations:
- Root comparison is one of the common topics that has been asked in the banking exams. Once you understand the concept behind these questions then you can easily score good marks in the exam.
- Miscellaneous question:
- These form another major portion of the Quantitative Aptitude Section in this exam. Almost 10 questions from various arithmetic topics are expected to be asked in the exam. Focus more on Partnership, Time & Work, Profit & Loss since these questions usually carry maximum marks from the miscellaneous segment.
Click on the link to attempt Quantitative Aptitude Quiz.
Click Here to attempt the Previous Year Paper of RRB Officer Scale 1 and RRB Office Assistant.
Let us now take a look at some of the IBPS RRB prelims preparation strategy that you should always keep in mind.
1. Proper Time Table:
- Follow a proper timetable. Frame a study plan for yourself, ensuring that you complete all the basic concepts of different topics on time and have ample time to attempt mock tests.
- Follow your timetable properly and make sure that you compensate for it in case you miss out on any time frame.
2. Regularity in Studies:
- Do not procrastinate. As we have repeatedly mentioned, you cannot clear this exam with 1-2 weeks of study.
- You need to put consistent efforts if you actually want to get through the exam.
3. Mock Tests:
- Mock tests are a must.
- If you wish to attempt questions in the exam like the interface and have a smooth transition among the sections of the exam, you need to attempt online mock tests.
- Mock tests will also help reduce your exam anxiety.
4. Efficient Time Management :
- This is the key to clearing this exam.
- You will be allotted 45 minutes to attempt the above 2 sections in the prelims exam.
- So, divide this time among the 2 sections equally or as per your comfort level in them.
5. Time-Bound Practice:
- While practicing questions, attempt questions/ mock tests within the time frame that you have set for these 2 sections.
6. Self Analysis:
- Keep track of your performance. Analyze how you have been performing in the online tests and keep working on your weaker sections simultaneously.
7. Define your Goals/Targets:
- Set a target for yourself. Give yourself a minimum question attempt number and continuously strive to achieve it
Attempt Free Mock Test of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 and RRB Office Assistant Exam.
IBPS RRB Important Links:
If you are aiming to crack the IBPS RRB exam 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.