GATE 2023 Exam Highlights
Candidates can refer to exam highlights before moving the tips and tricks to crack the GATE exam in one year.
IIT Bombay (Tentative)
Mode of application
Graduate in engineering/postgraduate in science
Mode of exam
Duration of exam
Total number of questions
Type of questions
⅓ Negative mark for incorrect answer
Tips to Crack the GATE Exam in One Year
Here is a list of tips that you must go through to ace your GATE 2023 exam on the first attempt. This article will also solve your query- Can I crack GATE in 1 Year? And will provide comprehensive tips to crack the GATE examination.
- Know the Exam pattern :
- GATE Exam Pattern The GATE Exam is a single paper online examination of three hours, with 65 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of multiple select questions, multiple-choice questions and numerical answer type questions.
- Follow the GATE Syllabus :
- During your preparation, aim to complete the given syllabus rather than studying out of syllabus topics.
- Since there are many subjects included in the syllabus, you must make a particular study plan to prepare for every syllabus topic.
- Read standard textbooks :
- Prepare at least one standard textbook for each subject in the GATE syllabus.
- You can check the branch-wise GATE 2023 syllabus from the link given below:
- Reading one book may not cover the complete syllabus. In such a scenario, you must ensure that you are not relying on these textbooks completely. It is a good practice to actively engage yourself through online platforms that provide resource material for your practice to avoid this.
- Understand the fundamentals and Practice quizzes & Test Series:
- Initially, focus on understanding the concepts and later focus on mastering each topic through the practice tests.
- For this purpose, you must aim at solving as many problems/quizzes/GATE Test Series 2023 as regularly and improve accuracy and performance in each test.
- Preparation Time and Strategy :
- A topic by topic studying plan will help you understand each topic extensively, with enough practice.
- Make short revision notes :
- Once you have considerably gone ahead with your preparation, you can start reading all the chapters again and prepare short notes for all important topics.
- These short notes can help you recall the entire preparation and use it for your last-minute revision.
- Recall all concepts and methods :
- After preparing the complete syllabus, spend one month before the exam recalling all concepts, formulas, methods, and examples.
- Remember the definitions, important points and formulas during the revision.
- Always remember to get your basic concepts clear. It will help you to crack even tough questions.
- Test your abilities :
- To maximise your chances of getting a good performance score, you need to minimise the time you spend reading, understanding and solving each question in the exam.
- Many of the GATE questions can be answered with reading and understanding. So the final goal is to improve your time to solve each question.
GATE Toppers Story who Cracked GATE With us in 1 Year
While cracking GATE in 1 year and the first Attempt is no arduous task, the first step is to get familiar with the exam. Know the syllabus, read some preparation strategies from toppers, and form your own goals. Make your plans accordingly and move on your journey to the zenith. So we have shared the preparation journey of the GATE toppers to clear your doubt - Can I crack GATE in 1 Year?
For ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE 2023 at BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.