SBI can be a dream bank to work with for many since it comes with surplus employee benefits and allowances. To crack the SBI clerk prelims 2021, a strategic approach is essential. That’s the only way one can succeed in it. The SBI clerk 2021 exam is an excellent opportunity to kick start your career in the banking sector.
Scoring well in the SBI clerk prelims enhances your chances of going through and getting selected for the SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam. The SBI clerk prelims review is slated to be conducted in March this year for the openings of multiple vacancies in the State Bank of India. Umpteen enthusiasts will appear for the exam. Since the level of competition will be high, the tips in this article will help you in qualifying for the SBI Clerk prelims exam.
The candidate must possess the capabilities to tackle elementary grade mathematical problems up to the difficulty level of Grade 12, which is how they will be able to score better in the numerical ability section of the SBI Clerk Prelims.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The three critical sections of the SBI Clerks Prelims exam include Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability. Of which Numerical ability is a fundamentally important component of the SBI clerk. It gives equal weightage to all three parts. However, Numerical Ability is one of the vital section of the SBI clerk exam.
Name of test
From the above table, it is clear that the time allotment for all individual sections is only 20 minutes which flies away comparatively quickly and it is of utmost essence that you clear your doubts about all the topics and practice as much as possible.
How to Prepare Numerical Ability for SBI Clerk Prelims 2021?
Numerical ability usually resides between moderate to challenging levels. A quick tip for cracking this section of the exam is a seamless balance between speed, practice, and accuracy.
- After being thoroughly aware of the SBI Clerk Exam Syllabus, do a SWOT analysis weigh yourself.
- Dive deep into the concepts well.
- Do a proper revision of the formulas, apply it for different topics to observe.
- Pay heed to practice, keep doing that.
- Plan your way and strategy for examination.
- Chalk out a timeline for solving problems that you face in numerical ability.
- Analyze your preparation levels by solving various mock tests.
- Time yourself while you solve problems.
Best Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability of SBI Clerk Exam
1. Reliable study resources
An up-to-date and sorted study resource is the key to the foundation of excellent preparation for the mathematical ability exam. Don’t spoil yourself for options and accumulate too many resources which will only lead to confusion leading to hindrance in performance.
2. Books that you can bank on
Dedicate your study time equally to study from books that are primarily curated with research and are enriched with the necessary knowledge to help you strengthen your basics.
3. Get a hook of online courses
With this magnitude of an exam, there’s nothing that is enough. Hence to add up to the knowledge that you gain from books, lookup for online courses that give you the necessary insightful information directly from the experts for acing up your game. The best benefit of an online course is the precise set of information that it will impart to you.
4. Online series
An online mock test is what you cannot miss while you are preparing for the exam. SBI Clerk Mock Tests are the comprehensive training that you can get before the actual exam, which is online as well.
5. Keep a check of earlier cutoffs
This not only gives you an idea for what level of preparation is required but also provides an insight in analyzing the difficulty levels of the exam, which in-turn only helps you in planning your way better.
6. Pay heed, prepare as per the weightage
While revising, take care of revising the topics having the maximum weightage to the T. These sections will allow you to score your essential brownie points in the SBI clerk prelims. Let your last-minute preps be mainly focused on topics that have maximum weightage which can be accessed from the past year papers.
7. Let the video tutorials guide you
With the increasing spread of internet usage and the ever-increasing consumption of video content, video tutorials always will come handy to give you guidance on revising the syllabus in a jiffy. These videos are easy to understand and quicker to grasp information from. Let the light of insightful videos become your primary tool for revising for your SBI clerk prelims.
8. Say no to guesswork while attempting the paper
With the sword of negative marking (0.25 each) hanging on your head, avoid guess working your way out in the papers. Attempt what you feel confident about and avoid the bluffs, since they might come to you hefty in terms of your negative marking. Be careful while you guess for answers and vigorously only attempt what you feel incredibly sure of.
9. Be vigilant of time; don’t get glued
If you don’t know a particular question, move ahead and attempt what you know and can solve. Getting glued to a problem in a crunch of time will not allow you to complete the exam to your best capability. Let the unfinished questions be taken care of in the end if you find the time to revisit them.
10. Your documents are essential
While it's understood that under so much pressure, you might tend to forget carrying your necessary documents, but they are your ticket to appear for the exam.
Don’t forget to carry the original and a photocopy of your photo ID proof which could be a PAN card or a passport or a driving license or a voters card or a bank passbook with your picture for your verification.
The name on the call letter and the proof document should be the same to avoid any confusion.
The correct set of documents will only ensure you appear for the exam and hence this can’t be goofed up, no matter what.
Suggested Read: We have made Study Plan for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam for you all to prepare well. Click Here for the SBI Clerk 2021 Study Plan
Know Other Tips That You Need to Follow for Exam
1. Time management is of great essence: Keeping track of time can never hurt, mainly when you are appearing for this part of the clerk prelims.
2. Resting well and refraining from unnecessary stress before exams are important: Stress makes you unable to perform your best on the D-day! Refrain from unnecessary overthinking and rest well, these are vital takeaways for performing to your best capability on the exam day.
3. Get a hack of mock tests regularly: Mock tests are the stepping stone of you getting a hold of the exams, the more they practice, the better it is.
4. Evaluating yourself regularly: Analyse and evaluate yourself to see which are your strengths and which are your weaknesses.
5. Keeping a tight check on speed and accuracy is essential for numerical ability: Keep a check on your speed which will only help you enhance your efficiency.
Appearing for the SBI clerk prelims 2021 is an essential step towards a brighter future that you can make for yourself. Work on keeping a cool head and believe in yourself to perform to the best of your abilities on the day of your exam.
Nervousness will only get the worst of you and become your worst enemy in performing to the best of your abilities. Stay grounded, stay focused and pay attention to each of the tips illustrated in this article which can help you amp up your game for the SBI clerk prelims 2021.
Don’t let your hard work go in vain, practice meditation at least for a short time while you are prepping up for the exams, which will help you keep your head in place and not allow nervousness seep in. Prepare with dedication and feel confident about yourself and be the go-getter and give all that you have in you for coming out with flying colors in the Numerical ability in SBI clerk prelims.
Now is the apt time for the aspirants to start with the preparation of the exam. Start your free trials for the comprehensive preparation course of SBI Clerk 2021 from the link given in the description below.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.
All the Best!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!