CHAPTER-1: SIMPLE MECHANISMS
If a number of bodies are connected & the motion of one body causes the predictable motion to the
others, it is known as a mechanism.
Kinematic Link or Element
• Every part of the machine which is having some relative motion w.r.t. some other part.
• It is the smallest unit of a mechanism.
• Link required to be a resistant body, so it is capable of transmitting power & motion.
Rigid and Resistant Bodies
• Rigid body does not deform under the action of the load and the distance between any two points
does not change.
• Resistant bodies deform up to some extent under the action of external load.
Link Classification on the basis of Property
• Rigid Links: Those links in which deformations are negligible.
• Flexible Links: in which deformations occur but within permissible limits.
• Fluid Links: When power is transmitted because of fluid pressure.
Link Classification on the basis of Connection
• Binary Links: which are connected at two places.
• Ternary Links: which are connected at three places.
• Quaternary Links: which are connected at four places.
You can avail of Gradeup Super for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of Gradeup Green Card specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Sahi Prep Hai to Life Set Hai !!!