Important Facts About the Third battle of Panipat
The appropriate points about the third battle of Panipat are mentioned below. It will be really helpful for the competitive exams.
- The third battle of Panipat was held on 14 January 1761.
- It was the battle between the Afghan army led by Ahmad Shah Durrani (also called Ahmad Shah Abdali) and the Maratha army led by Sadhashivrao Bhau (On behalf of the Maratha King).
- It happened in the Panipat of Haryana.
- Ahmad Shah Durrani was supported by two Indian Muslim allies- Shuja-Ud-Daula, the Nawab of Oudh, and the Rohilla Afghans of the Doab.
- Panipat's third battle has the largest fatalities reported in a single day.
- In the battle, the Maratha army was based in the Deccan region.
- The force led by Ahmad Shah Durrani became victorious after destroying the Maratha army.
Battles of Panipat
- The first battle of Panipat was held on 21 April 1526.
- It was between the Mughal army led by Babur and the army led by Ibrahim Lodhi.
- It made the foundation of the Mughal Empire in India.
- The second battle of Panipat was held on 5 November 1556.
- It was between Mughal king Akbar and Hindu King, Hemu.
The Third Battle of Panipat was fought in?
The third battle of Panipat happened in the year 1761. It was considered one of the most ferocious battles ever in the history of India. Around 70 thousand soldiers were killed in that battle. The aftermath of the battle was the decline of the power of the Martha Empire on the northern side of India.
☛ Related Questions: