Productivity and Distribution of Plants
- All around the world, civilizations have been molded by the pursuit of water and the development of effective methods for using it to produce crops.
- When precipitation deficiencies, which are frequently accompanied by high evaporative demand, reduce moisture availability for an extended period in a way that will adversely affect the region's typical way of life,
- A drought is rumored to exist.
- However, drought is difficult to define or measure objectively.
- In contrast to how drought affects ecosystem processes (productivity, biogeochemical cycles, or structure) ecologically, drought is defined in agriculture as when there is insufficient soil water to support the needs of the local crops.
The productivity and distribution of plants are heavily dependent on? (a) Water, (b) Temperature, (c) Soil, (d) Light
Water has a significant impact on the distribution and productivity of plants. Life cannot exist on earth without water. On Earth, 20% or so of the land is too dry to support agriculture.