Equivalent Weight of Oxalic Acid
Now, Equivalent weight = Molecular weight/Basicity,
Therefore, Equivalent Weight = 126/2 = 63 (As 2 is the basicity)
Oxalic Acid releases two H+ ions when anything is basic.
The uses of Oxalic acid are mentioned below.
- It serves as a mordant during the dyeing process.
- Rust can be removed with it.
- It is a crucial reagent in the study of lanthanides.
- Marble sculptures are treated with it to make them gleam.
- It is employed in bleaches and the production of dye.
- It is applied to clean up stains from food and pen.
- In order to develop photographic film, it is used.
The Equivalent weight of oxalic acid in C2 H2 O4 ⋅2H2 O is? (A) 45 (B) 63 (C) 90 (D) 126
The equivalent weight of oxalic acid in C2 H2 O4 ⋅2H2 O is 63. As per the options available here, the correct option is option B. It is used to eliminate the calcium deposit during wastewater treatment.