Important Facts Regarding Longitudes:
Check the important facts about the longitudes of India that will enhance your knowledge about the topic.
- Longitude is a line drawn from the north pole to the south pole of the globe.
- The Longitude degree varies from 0° to 180°.
- The 0° longitude is Prime Meridian, which passes through the Royal observatory.
- Opposite of prime meridian, i.e., 180°, is International Date Line that passes through the Pacific ocean.
- The westernmost longitude of India is 68°7'E which passes through the Gujarat Ghuar Moti Village.
- The northmost latitude of India is 37°6'N, known as Indira Col, which lies in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- India's southernmost latitude is the Indira Point, which lies on Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- The standard Meridian of India is 82°30'E longitude.
- Due to its vast spread, Russia has 11 standard meridians, the highest in the world.
The Easternmost Longitude of India Is?
97° 25'E is the easternmost longitude of the Indian mainland. The mainland of India extends between 8°4'N and 37°6'N latitudes and 68°7'E and 97°25'E longitudes. India is one of the vast countries in the world. Both longitude and latitude differ by around 30°.
☛ Related Questions: