CTET Certificate Validity
Last year, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) recommended extending the State TET and CTET certificate validity to lifetime. The discussion in this regard was done during the 50th General Body meeting of NCTE held on 29 September 2020.
During the meeting, the Council discussed a number of issues and one of the main topics of discussion was the extension of certificate validity of the TET exam to lifetime.
STET & CTET Certificate Validity Highlights
Candidates who are looking for details on the certificate validity of various TET exams can check out the highlights in the following table.
CTET certificate issuing body
Central Board of Secondary Education
CTET certificate validity
STET certificate issuing body
Concerned State Authority
STET certificate validity
Has CBSE Notified about the Extension of CTET Certificate Validity?
Yes, CBSE has notified about the extension of CTET certificate validity. A notice for the same is available on the website of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).
As per the notice “The validity period of CTET certificate for the appointment for all categories will be seven years from the date of issue of marks statement or the validity period of CTET qualifying certificate for all categories will be seven years from the date of issue.'' are substituted by “The Validity Period of TET qualifying certificate for the appointment, unless otherwise notified by the appropriate Government, would remain valid for life.”
Download: CTET certificate validity notice
Guidelines for STET & CTET Certificate Validity from NCTE
The NCTE issued guidelines on the validity of TET certificates for candidates. The guidelines are as follows:
- TET will be held at least once a year.
- The concerned government will determine the validity period of the TET qualifying certificate for the appointment.
- TET applicants may apply as many times as they wish.
- Candidates may reappear to have their TET scorecard corrected.
- The passing score for the TET exam, 60%, will remain unchanged.
Beneficiaries of STET & CTET Certificate Validity
Extending the validity of the TET & CTET certificate for lifetime will be highly beneficial for candidates as well as the exam conducting bodies. Following are some points related to the beneficiaries:
- Candidates whose certificate validity is about to expire.
- This initiative will be beneficial for CBSE as it will have less burden to conduct exams for a large population as candidates whose validity is about to expire (7 years) will not apply for it.
- Optimum utilization of available resources i.e. there will be less expenditure on conducting the examination as only those candidates who are not eligible will apply for it.
- The amount saved can be invested in other educational activities.
Commentswrite a comment