Paper 1 of the Territorial Army 2021 Preparation Tips
Logical Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics are the two components of the Territorial Army Paper 1. There are 50 questions in each section, each worth one mark. The table below will help you better comprehend the paper's marking methodology. This will assist applicants in determining the amount of time and effort required for each segment.
Territorial Army 2021 - Exam Pattern - Paper 1
No. of Ques.
Section A: Logical Reasoning/Reasoning Ability
This portion of the paper is one of the most popular criteria used to evaluate students in competitive exams. There will be 50 questions on logical thinking skills, including both nonverbal and verbal thinking. Analogy, logical deduction, and syllogism will be covered, as well as embedded figures, pattern perception, rule detection, and much more.
Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning:
- The Logical Reasoning questions on the Exam will be at the graduate level.
- It is necessary to have a good comprehension of the fundamentals of logical reasoning.
- It will be advantageous to divide the various types of problems first and then crack the pattern of solving them.
- Set aside one hour each day to practice puzzles from the prep books, which will help you develop your analytical and logical skills.
- Try puzzles like cause and effect, figure matrix, cubes and dices, and, most importantly, arithmetic reasoning to master the ability to make logical conclusions.
Important Topics of Territorial Army 2021 Reasoning Section:
- Number Series
- Odd Man Out
- Figure Series
- Direction related questions
- Age-related Questions
- Statement & Conclusions
- Find Odd figure
- Number of Triangles or Squares or rectangles in the diagram
- Folded sheet questions
- Missing number
- Other basic numeric reasoning questions
Section B: Elementary Mathematics
The Matriculation level will be the benchmark for this part. As a result, mathematics issues at the primary and secondary school levels should be prioritized. Numeration, simple equations, geometry, profit-loss, compound interest, trigonometry, time and distances, and other topics will be covered.
Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics
- The key to a high mark in the Elementary Mathematics paper is to go back to basics.
- Return to elementary school maths and understand the fundamentals. If the base is taken, all of the questions will appear to be solvable.
- Learn and comprehend all forms of question formulations.
- Regularly practice problem-solving questions to help you remember how to use the formulae you've memorized.
- Experiment with more and more mock papers on themes such as algebra, menstruation, trigonometry, ratio and proportions, and so on.
Important Topics of Territorial Army 2021 Maths Section:
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Number System
- Speed Time Distance
- Basic Trigonometry
- Basic Mensuration (Area, Circumference, Volume)
- Basic 10+2 level Arithmetic Questions
- LCM & HCF
- Ratio & Proportion
- Algebra (Solving Equations)
- Lines & Angles
Paper 2 of the Territorial Army in 2021: Preparation Tips
Paper 2 of the Territorial Army 2021 will have two portions of 50 marks each. Candidates will be assessed on their general knowledge and English language skills in this paper. The following is the marking method for both topics so that candidates are aware of the pattern:
Territorial Army 2021 - Exam Pattern - Paper 2
No. of Ques.
Section A: General Knowledge
This section will assess the candidates' broad awareness and understanding of national and worldwide current events. Candidates must be well-versed in current events in India's society, economics, and politics, as well as those around the world. The following are some general knowledge preparation tips:
Preparation Tips for General Knowledge:
- Start reading good English-language newspapers such as The Hindu, Business Standards, and The Indian Express to stay up to date on global events.
- Subscribe to websites that produce good information online or watch intelligent news channels.
- Keep oneself informed on current events for at least the last six months.
- Refresh your knowledge on Indian politics, sports, the constitution, science and technology, and static general knowledge topics.
- To keep material fresh, make sticky notes or flashcards of the most essential headlines and review them a few days before the exam.
Important Topics of Territorial Army 2021 General Knowledge Section:
- The majority of the questions are from current issues, awards, books, defence news, sports, etc.
- Very basic static general Knowledge questions majorly from Geography, History, and Science.
Section B: English Language
The questions in this area of Paper 2 will be focused on a basic understanding of the English language and grammar. Candidates' understanding abilities will also be assessed. Synonyms, vocabulary, passage completion, error spotting, sentence construction, voices, tenses, and other basic concepts are essential.
Preparation Tips for the English Language:
- Concentrate on the scoring elements, such as grammatical fundamentals, sentence enhancement, and fillers.
- Participate in full-fledged brush-up sessions for comprehension and reading passages. This piece is crucial, but it takes a lot of work and commitment to do it right.
- Read English magazines and journals for at least an hour each day, and keep up with English news. As you gain greater proficiency in the language, this activity will help you improve your vocabulary abilities.
Important Topics of Territorial Army 2021 English Section:
- Spotting the error
- Sentence Improvement
- Rearranging of sentences
- Substitute Word for given phrase or sentence
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable word
- Mis-spelled words
More from us: