Go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 1 to gain a better understanding of the topics to be covered and prepare a study plan. The goal to cover all the sections properly and revise them numerous times for a better score. The Teaching Aptitude study notes are carefully compiled by the BYJU'S Exam Prep Experts and are in sync with the latest exam pattern.
UGC NET Exam is conducted twice a year by NTA. There are ten units in Paper-1 and each unit has equal weightage in the examination. Most Important Topics in UGC NET Environment, Logical Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Communication, ICT, Higher Education.
Teaching Aptitude Topics for UGC NET Exam
The topics which are covered as per the Teaching Aptitude syllabus for UGC NET Exam Paper 1 is mentioned below.
- Levels of teaching
- Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners & Individual differences
Factors affecting teaching related to:
- Teacher & Learner,
- Support material & Instructional facilities with Learning environment and Institution
Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning
- Teacher centered vs. Learner centered methods
- Off-line vs. On-line methods
Teaching Support System:
- Traditional, Modern and ICT based
- Evaluation Systems
- Elements and Types of evaluation,
- Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education
- Computer-based testing and Innovations in evaluation systems.
Here are the Study Notes on Teaching Aptitude for UGC NET Exam Paper 1, read thoroughly.
UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Notes
Below we have provided the topic wise notes of Teaching Aptitude for UGC NET Exam. These notes cover all topics that are asked in Paper-1. Here are the links for topic wise notes for UGC NET Exam Paper 1: Teaching Aptitude
|Characteristics of Teaching||Characteristics of Teaching|
|Concepts & Objectives of Teaching||Concepts & Objectives of Teaching|
|Principles of Teaching and Effective Ways of Teaching||Principles of Teaching and Effective Ways of Teaching|
|Teaching: values and ethics||Teaching: Values and Ethics|
|Levels of Teaching||Levels of Teaching|
|Teaching-Learning Concept||Teaching-Learning Concept|
|Factors Affecting Teaching I||Factors Affecting Teaching I|
|Factors Affecting Teaching II||Factors Affecting Teaching II|
|Types in Levels of teaching||Types in Levels of teaching|
|Evaluation & Evaluation System||Evaluation & Evaluation System|
|Types of Evaluation||Types of Evaluation|
|Types of Evaluation Systems||Types of Evaluation Systems|
|Assessment and Evaluation||Assessment and Evaluation|
|Models of Teaching||Models of Teaching|
|Methods of Teaching I||Methods of Teaching I|
|Methods of Teaching II||Methods of Teaching II|
|Methods of Teaching III||Methods of Teaching III|
|Traditional and Modern Method of Teaching||Traditional and Modern Method of Teaching|
|Modern Methods of Teaching||Modern Methods of Teaching|
|Classroom Process & Methods of Teaching||Classroom Process & Methods of Teaching|
|Types of Learners and Learning Disorders||Types of Learners and Learning Disorders|
|Teaching Aids||Teaching Aids|
|Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern & ICT||Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern & ICT|
|Teaching competency||Teaching competency|
How to prepare Teaching Aptitude for UGC NET?
- Analyse previous year Paper-1 to compile the teaching aptitude questions asked.
- Check out the sections which are asked regularly and practice them for better understanding.
- Some of the sections that are asked regularly are Methods of Teaching, Factor affecting teaching, Learners characteristics, Teaching aids and evaluation.
- You can always expect the questions from the above-given topics.
Also, solve UGC NET Mock Test Series 2022 for regular revision and practice.
Teaching Aptitude Questions for UGC NET
Below we have given some of the questions that are asked in the UGC NET Exam:
1. Which of the following is an instructional scenario where a learner is placed in a world defined by the teacher?A. Simulation
B. Demonstration method
C. Case study
Answer ||| A
2. Moving from abstract to concrete thinking represents which of the following characteristics of an adolescent learner?A. Social Development
B. Intellectual Development
C. Moral Development
D. Emotional Development
Answer ||| B
3. Statement I: The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) not only offers the opportunity to study core courses but also explores additional avenues of learning beyond the core subject.
Statement II: CBCS shift the focus from student-centred to teacher-centred education
Choose the correct option from those below:
A. Statement I is correct, Statement II is incorrect.B. Statement I is incorrect, Statement II is correct.
C. Both Statement I and Statement II are correct.
D. Both Statement I and Statement II are incorrect.
Answer ||| A
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you crisp and relevant notes with plenty of questions, mock tests and practical applications based questions. Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2021.
Also, check Complete UGC NET Study Notes for Paper 1
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.